Energy Resourcing Group (“Energy Resourcing”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your personal information which we may collect and which you share with us.
All personal information provided by, or collected from, you or, in the event that your job application progresses with us, from third party sources such as referees or health professionals, as part of the recruitment process is handled in accordance with privacy and data protection laws in the countries where we operate and on the terms set out in this Recruitment Notice.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Energy Resourcing will collect and store your personal information for the recruitment and engagement of staff, workers and contractors, and when required by applicable law. We may collect your personal information orally, by telephone, in writing, by email and by online application.
Energy Resourcing collects personal information directly from the individual to whom it relates, except where that individual has consented to Energy Resourcing collecting the personal information from a third party or the law otherwise permits Energy Resourcing to do so.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE WILL HOLD ABOUT YOU
Personal information means any information relating to a person that enables them to be identified either directly or indirectly. Personal information that we hold about you may include your:
- contact details (e.g. name, address and email address);
- academic qualifications;
- work experience;
- credit or financial history.
- emergency contact information
- citizenship details
- national identification numbers
- right to live/work data
- current and former titles and positions
- current and historic compensation data
- previous employment references
Sensitive personal information
In certain circumstances, we may need to collect “special categories” of particularly sensitive personal information about you, which may include information about:
- your physical or mental health condition; and
- any criminal offence or alleged criminal offence committed by you.
- racial or ethnic origin
- religious beliefs
We will only use such sensitive personal information where we are legally required to do so by law and in order to:
- administer or process the job application that you have with us; and/or
- assess and respond to a complaint you might make relating to our job application process.
HOW WE WILL COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES
Personal information may be collected from, and disclosed to, entities within the Energy Resourcing Group worldwide or to third parties as necessary in the course of recruitment and engagement, to ensure that the information Energy Resourcing has is correct and to determine whether the applicant is suited to the available position. Energy Resourcing may take steps to verify that academic, training and professional qualifications are accurate and complete and, in appropriate circumstances due to the nature of the available position, we may carry out credit checks and criminal records checks. We will only collect information from third parties if your job application progresses with us.
Third parties may include:
- recruitment or human resource service providers;
- health professionals;
- insurers and insurance brokers;
- nominated referees;
- credit reporting agencies; and
- police and other law enforcement agencies.
Energy Resourcing entities, third party partners or service providers may be located in countries other than your own. You can find a guide to the countries in which we operate here: www.energyresourcing.com/regions. In each case, Energy Resourcing treats personal information in accordance with the relevant privacy and data protection laws in the country in which we are operating and we will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information that we store is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is collected primarily for the purposes of the recruitment process, including the registration, application and selection processes, of Energy Resourcing. For example, your personal information will be used to:
- select suitable staff, workers and contractors for Energy Resourcing;
- contact next-of-kin (only where necessary);
- assist with performance management and career development;
- disseminate updates and news concerning Energy Resourcing;
- conduct internal and external research, for example, equal opportunities monitoring;
- deal with any complaints you might make to us;
- for our own administrative purposes, including training our staff, conducting internal audits or transferring assets as part of a sale, purchase or investment in the business;
- assist you with any future requirements, including to answer reasonable inquiries by any of your future employers; and
- comply with Energy Resourcing’ statutory, legal and regulatory obligations.
Energy Resourcing does not sell your personal information to others. If we are looking to use your personal data for a purpose beyond what it is originally provided for, we will seek your consent.
GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING
To process your data lawfully we need to rely on one or more valid legal grounds. The grounds we will rely upon include:
- our legitimate interests as a business (except where your interests or fundamental rights override these). For example, it is within our legitimate interests to use your data to:
- engage in HR management by human resources Personnel, assist in personnel recruitment and assist in HR forecasting
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our job application process;
- maintain accounts and records of business activities to assess business performance
- our compliance with a legal obligation to which Energy Resourcing is subject. For example, we have a duty to investigate and check that you are legally entitled to work in the relevant country.
Where we process ”special categories” of particularly sensitive personal information about you or, if applicable personal information relating to criminal convictions and offences, we must put additional protections in place. One of these protections is that we must rely on further legal grounds to process your information, in addition to those set out above. The grounds we will rely upon for processing sensitive personal information will include:
- where it is necessary for us to carry out obligations and exercise specific rights under employment law. For example, we have an obligation to select safe and competent workers, which may require us to check on your health condition in relation to your application for certain jobs.
- where it is necessary for reasons of a substantial public interest based upon applicable law. For example, we may process data revealing racial or ethnic origin for public interest purpose of ensuring equality of opportunity or treatment.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are successful and offered employment or a placement with Energy Resourcing, this information will be retained and transferred to our files and used to manage any employment or other relationship with Energy Resourcing. If you are not successful, then we will only retain your information to the extent permitted by law, including retaining a record of your application and, unless you tell us that you do not wish us to do so, we may retain a copy of your C.V. for potential future opportunities.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention. We are allowed to use automated decision-making in the following circumstances:
- if applicable law requires it, where we have notified you of the decision and given you 21 days to request reconsideration.
- where it is necessary to carry out your job application, is authorised by applicable law and appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights.
- in limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent and where appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights.
If we make an automated decision on the basis of any particularly sensitive personal information, we must have either your explicit written consent or it must be justified in the public interest, and we must also put in place appropriate measures to safeguard your rights. You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you.
YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARDS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Data protection law provides individuals with certain rights, including the right to: access, rectify, withdraw consent, erase, restrict, transport, and object to the processing of, their personal information. Individuals also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant information protection authority if they believe that their personal information is not being processed in accordance with the law. Further information about your rights is set out below:
Right to obtain a copy of your personal information. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you. If you like would to obtain a copy of this information please contact us at email@example.com
You may be required to submit a proof of your identity and a fee.
In certain circumstances Energy Resourcing may refuse you access to your personal information in whole or in part. For example, if providing access to information would prejudice certain investigations; or We are required by law to not disclose the information.
Right to rectification. You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal information. If we disagree and believe the information to be accurate and complete, we will advise you and include a notation on the record that you dispute the information’s accuracy. Requests for corrections or supplements to all other personal information should be made at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request to correct or supplement your personal information within a reasonable time period and, in any event, within any time period specified in relevant laws.
Right to withdraw consent. You may, as permitted by law, withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your personal information is essential.
Right to object to processing. You may, as permitted by law, request that we stop processing your personal information.
Right to erasure. You may request that we erase your personal information and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so.
Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. We suggest that you contact us about any questions or if you have a complaint in relation to how we process your personal information. However, you do have the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority in the relevant country directly.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
Energy Resourcing takes all reasonable steps to safeguard the information that has been provided to us, and ensure that it remains confidential and secure. We restrict access to only the employees and third-party providers who need to know the information to deliver our services efficiently and effectively.
Energy Resourcing follows security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, unauthorised access or disclosure and misuse. We will not be held liable for any claims, losses or damages which may result from access by an unauthorised third party, or the introduction of viruses, worms or other harmful elements into our systems and their possible effects on personal information.
For users of Energy Resourcing’s website, a cookie (a small data file that a website may write on your hard drive) may be used when you visit our website to allow it to recognise your computer and assist you with navigating our site. Cookies are not linked to any personal identification information and do not have access to any information on your hard drive. You can refuse to accept cookies by turning them off on your browser.
WHAT IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to Energy Resourcing during your application process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Energy Resourcing strives to improve its services and from time to time it may be necessary for us to review this policy. We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time and will post an updated version on our website.