Energy Resourcing are recruiting for a WTG (Wind Turbine Generator) Foundation Group Lead on a permanent basis with Worley, as they continue to expand within the new energy sector. These roles can be based remotely, but preferably within commuting to join one of their regional hubs in either London, Madrid, The Hague or Copenhagen.
About Worley Offshore Wind:
Worley has made a firm commitment to support the energy transition, and central to this is delivering on renewable energy generation. In order to facilitate this business level initiative, we’re rapidly expanding our capabilities within the offshore wind sector and establishing an offshore wind Centre of Excellence. The newly formed offshore wind engineering team (part of the CoE) will bring experience and track record into our already highly skilled workforce and help deliver excellent value to our existing network of offshore wind developers, clients, partners and projects.
Worley’s broader ambitions in the offshore renewable space extend from early-stage concept and feasibility through to delivering full EPC and EPCI packages.
This is an exciting role that will require the technical leadership of offshore wind fixed foundation structures. You should have a good command of fast-evolving WTG foundation technology as well as have the capacity to deliver projects with the Worley team. You will be encouraged to think differently to deliver projects using innovative business models and utilising existing, and developing new, digital solutions and design automation.
As Principal Engineer, you will be directly involved in leading ongoing projects, contributing to bids and developing broader technical solutions for the business. As Group Lead, you’ll take on more responsibilities around growing the fixed foundation offshore wind team and help setting the strategic direction for the fixed foundation group. You will also work with our wider offshore wind and in-house Advisory teams to provide a range of services and expertise to clients.
* Leading our fixed foundation offshore wind project portfolio – from feasibility through to detailed design
* Providing technical assurance on project deliverables related to fixed foundation projects
* Managing engineering delivery teams based in multiple countries/regions and ensuring that all design work under his control is performed, reviewed, checked and approved in accordance with the engineering procedures or when specified to a Project Quality Plan.
* Managing clients to advocate for Worley team if required
* Up-skilling existing Worley staff
* Assisting/leading working groups for developing new engineering delivery digital tools
* Publicizing and promoting technical excellence in fixed foundation wind to the outside world
* Developing new technique / technology in offshore fixed foundation wind related subjects.
* Worked at the cutting edge of offshore wind design with a strong demonstrable track record in fixed foundation of offshore wind in one or more of the foundation types such as Monopile, jacket, GBS
* Forensic knowledge of fixed foundation offshore wind coupled/integrated analysis (and interfacing with OEMs) and structural design/analysis in the time domain
* Deep knowledge of existing digital platforms for fixed foundation structural design (think Sesam, USFOS, Abaqus, SACS, OpenFAST, Ansys etc…)
* Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams from Structural, Geotechnical, Mechanical and Electrical disciplines
* A degree and chartered status in structural engineering (or equivalent)
* Hands on experiences in conducting design and analysis
* Understanding of related subjects such as geotechnical / met ocean for offshore fixed foundation wind design
* The ability to communicate effectively with team members and clients in the form of design sketch, calculation, verbal and written reports
* A “Can Do” attitude with high tolerance for uncertainties
* Soft attributes such as Detail conscience, commercial awareness and strong work ethic .