Work Control Team Leader 22-002
Contract 24 months
Location: Darlington (Courtice, ON)
* Supporting with schedule planning, development and readiness.
* Accountable for the effective and efficient management and control of maintenance and system daily and outage activities generated as a result of the Work Management processes.
* Direct the development and implementation of assigned Work Break down Structure (WBS) including resolving schedule conflicts.
* Responsible for controlling work scope, organizing, executing, reviewing and deciding upon all planned activities and resource requirements.
* Be accountable for short and long term impact of work performance on station for assigned WBS.
* Plan, organize, coordinate, and maintain status on all preparatory and ongoing requirements of the work plan & schedule.
* Ensure all work groups involved are committed to the completion of scheduled work as practical. Be accountable for ensuring schedule preparation and execution activities are performed with attention to public and worker safety requirements.
* Keep abreast of current changes in operating requirements and determine relevant impacts on schedule execution. Anticipate emerging issues, and initiate and/or accommodate projects and emergent work into schedule.
* Manage and direct the resolution of all inter-group or inter-department coordination issues. Be responsible for giving direction to all work groups, including contractors, at meetings pertaining to assigned work breakdown structure. Monitor for work failing to meet schedule, and direct corrective action. Be accountable for identifying necessary resources to ensure work is accomplished in accordance with the schedule. Conduct meetings with work groups identified to execute required tasks, to influence them to accept schedule and specified conditions of work.
* Provide effective leadership at daily status meetings in order to control, maintain and update work plan/schedule. Identify changes and approve new work being proposed for addition to the schedule.
* Be accountable for directing resolution to problems that may have developed by ensuring involvement of the appropriate work groups. Ensure all permit preparations, pre-job walk downs and other requirements are complete and situations have not changed prior to work execution. Expedite the final approving authority for the daily plan/schedule. Effectively communicate changes to schedule, priorities, and other relevant conditions to applicable work groups.
* Be accountable for monitoring the work being performed to completion, as scheduled. Maintain an awareness of the status of all jobs on the plan. Be accountable for reporting on status to Management at all times.
* Conduct a project/schedule post mortem. Identify significant events, analysis of the schedule accomplishments, problems and suggested corrective actions.
* Develop detailed logic-tied, resource loaded schedules for respective WBS utilizing scheduling tools and software.
* Identify planned changes in system state which may be subjected to evolution approval process. Document control scope changes for respective WBS. Identify and approve the addition of mandatory discovery work following scope freeze and ensure it is added to the appropriate logic.
* Maximize overall equipment availability and reliability by balancing Online and Outage activities.
* Perform Online and Outage risk assessments and identify risk management activities. This includes nuclear safety risk, generation risk, reactivity risk and radiological risk.
* Experience with P6 and projects experience is desirable.
* A knowledge of control, mechanical or civil technology, including sciences subject fundamentals of physics, chemistry, thermodynamics, electrical theory, instrumentation, mechanics, nuclear theory and mathematics, to understand the application to processes and systems, and effectively plan, coordinate and exercise judgement to determine priorities and ensure resources to facilitate scheduling of work activities within assigned work weeks.
* This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of Grade XII in a Secondary School plus three year’s further concentrated study in an appropriate discipline or by having the equivalent level of education.
* Practical experience associated with a multi-unit nuclear facility to become thoroughly familiar with systems, equipment, components and processes related to the maintenance and production of energy. Requires a knowledge of all Operating Policies and Procedures, station reference plans, safety procedures, including radiation protection and conventional safety practices, and health and safety standards, and apply same towards achieving optimum performance of resources to meet objectives is an asset.
* In-depth station experience to effectively manage, direct and coordinate work processes, and be thoroughly familiar with work groups, interrelationships between same, problems encountered and special needs and issues is an asset. Additionally, experience exercising sound project management and planning as well as communication skills with a focus on meeting targets.
* A period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years is ideal but not mandatory to gain this experience
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
* we value Life
* we Rise to the Challenge
* we are Stronger Together
* we Unlock Brilliance