Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Wells Assistant Cost Engineer for a long term contract role based in Aberdeen
The role is to support the Cost Lead in the day to day management of Wells costs.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (key tasks/services for which incumbent is responsible)
- Day to day cost tracking;
- Ensure correct information is being tracked in cost tracking system (CTX)
- Continued understanding of EFC and daily cost with transparent reporting of these numbers
- During operations, submit daily cost to offshore to be added to DDR
- Liaise with Engineers and service providers to ensure accurate tracking of daily expenditure against project
- Review of time writing for personnel, ensuring approved personnel are time writing correctly and rejecting any unapproved time writing
- Manage Maximo for cost areas of responsibility, inputting AFE's and approving Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders
- Preparation of accurate monthly reports;
- Provide monthly report to relevant JV accountant and/or project team for calculation of monthly accruals
- Ensure all invoices, commitments and time writing have been recorded
- Ensure Value of Work Done is re-evaluated based on most current data
- Interrogate data received from other team members
- Re-forecast estimate to complete/forecasted final costs and identify any area of concerns such as budget overruns work/delivery slippages etc which may impinge upon other cost areas
- Ensure forecast expenditure phasing is aligned to current plan and also reflects data received from other discussions held with project team members
- Carry out weekly cost review meetings to officially liaise with engineers, discussing value of work done and cost forecasts
- Assist Wells Cost Lead in delivering, maintaining, managing and where necessary improving wells cost framework, procedures and tools
- Work with invoice checkers to ensure review, verification and correct cost allocation/coding of invoices
- Liaise with Engineers and offshore personnel on cost related matters, such as progress, milestones and variations
- Support Wells inventory team with coding, cost and legacy queries where applicable
- Consult with and advise department and accounting personnel on wells accounting issues
- Prepare and review well AFE's
- Prepare and review budgets and forecasts/forecast revisions in advance of submission to Business Partner
- Ensuring readiness of well reconciliations for presentation to Joint Venture partner
- Carry out well reconciliation at the end of each well's operation auditors. Also, respond to any queries from auditors or internal audit co-ordinators
- Follow AFE close out process
- Involvement in year-end audit process, providing information to external auditors and internal audit co-ordinators
- Ad hoc duties, as required
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact at all levels
- Articulates views in comprehensive manner
- Produces work of presentable quality
- Ability to adapt to new processes/software
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Self-motivated team player with excellent interface skills at all levels.
- Ability to work accurately and in accordance with established policy and procedures
- Has good working knowledge of working with Operator Cost Control & Financial Systems.
- Awareness of Project components such as Project Management, Subsea, Topsides, Drilling, Subsurface and Financial.
- Knowledge of Cost Control - Budgets, Allocations, Commitments, Value of Work, Forecasts and Estimated Final Costs.
- Management of Project provisions - Use of Growth Allowances & Contingency Allowances.
- Preparation of Project Reporting - Internal & External.
- Experience of Vendor Management - Interface/Reporting/Milestones
- Experience of Microsoft Office is essential and working knowledge of Sun and Maximo.
- Graduate in a technical or financial discipline
- Working towards professional qualification.
- Drilling CTX Cost control system.