Vice President, Business Development
Location: Greater Toronto Area, Canada (Preferable)
Our client is seeking a VP, Business Development to come on board at the ground level, be part of the executive management team and be a significant contributor in shaping the development of the company and the markets in which the client's surgical mining technology is sold. Surgical mining is an innovative clean technology and process that will be able to mine the numerous small-scale narrow vein mineral deposits found worldwide more safely, economically, and sustainably using pilot hole diamond drilling and downhole directional sensors.
- Responsible for defining and building the relevant markets in which our clients surgical mining technology will be
- Responsible for finding the best product/market fit as well as the ideal early adopters.
- Accountable for refining customer types and segments, expand the customer relationship management database based on those categories, recommend how to prioritize the potential customer opportunities and execute on building customer relationships in a "go to market" strategy.
- Strong understanding the surgical mining technology and its application and liaise with product development personnel and external research teams.
- In addition, the VP, Business Development will be required to evaluate various business models and determine if and how they fit into different potential surgical mining market
- As a member of the executive team, set priorities and be responsible for overall execution of the business development function.
- Recommend how to prioritize potential customer or customer segment opportunities to build a sales pipeline for short/medium/long term in accordance with targets.
- Lead the customer development road map and create a "go to market" strategy for the addressable market.
- Develop the processes, systems, and accountability (key goals and metrics) infrastructure to scale the business development department as the company
- Take a lead role in developing new-business proposals and presentations that create and nurture opportunities and partnerships.
- Motivate the team, track performance, report metrics and provide timely feedback to direct reports and supervisor.
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations; and
- Facilitate inclusive and pleasant work environment for all employees, researchers, and contractors.
- Continue to define the surgical mining market in terms of market size and
- Implement market research campaigns to test hypotheses of customer needs, value propositions and product/service characteristics.
- Manage both existing sales pipeline and the development of new business opportunities, particularly early adopters.
- Generate new leads, identify, and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select deals in line with strategies, and facilitate pitch
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends and customer drivers and meet regularly with management and stakeholders to discuss strategy.
- Execute proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements, content creation, and inputs from various sources.
- Support deal structure and pricing with business-value analysis and negotiate prices for proactive bids and proposals.
- Develop and implement overarching outbound sales and business development strategy, sales and marketing processes, structure, and best practices across the
- Evaluate various business models to determine if and how they fit into different potential surgical mining markets.
Skills and Qualifications
- Industrial technology company / early start-up experience where you have found product market fit.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years' experience in business development or sales at service providers to industries with complex, long sales cycle offerings.
- Successful track record in B2B sales and
- Experience in successfully acquiring Ability to do the following:
- Develop and communicate value propositions to various
- Understand customer profile and market
- Identify key decision makers and develop stakeholder
- Develop relationships at multiple levels in target customer
- Create quotes, proposals, and statements of work; and Close deals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a focus on:
- Distilling complex technical/financial concepts into way customer can understand or way it is commercially appealing.
- Interacting with the R&D team(s) and potential clients on technical and commercial issues, ensuring alignment of product development and market opportunities/expectations.
- Ability to deliver presentations; and
- Ability to write sales decks and copy for websites/blogs
- Ability to manage a sales pipeline
- Manage existing pipeline and move customers through it; and knowledge of lead scoring technique
- Experience in market research testing techniques and
- Experience in sales
- Proficiency in data analysis, forecasting, and
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources; and
- Experience with CRM software (ex: HubSpot).
- Flexible to travel to team members at other locations, potential customers and mine sites as required of the job. The travel can be outside of North America and could average five to ten days per month: and
Who we are?
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance