Vice President of Projects, Vancouver BC
(Refineries and/or large O&G project experience)
We are pleased to partner with our start up client in the Clean Energy industry to find a VP of Projects. This role reports directly to the President/COO. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone to join an organization poised for tremendous growth.
In particular; this role will oversee project development and execution of its first facility in the USGC. The client has engaged an EPCM contractor for the USGC facility. This role will be integral in liaising and managing the relationship with the EPCM to ensure timely and efficient execution through project development, into construction, commissioning and start up.
They are looking for someone who is a ”entrepreneurial risk taker”, a proven track record of leading others, and a strong technical background. The successful candidate will not shy away from challenges and views this as an opportunity to be part of something special.
What you bring to this role:
- 20+ years of process design and project management related experience in the Oil and Gas industry with an EPCM and/or Operator.
- Project experience in refineries and/or large O&G projects
- Mechanical, Chemical or Process Engineering Degree
- Registered or eligible to be registered with APEGA or EGBC
- PMP designation an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client interface skills
- Understanding of applicable industry codes and standard practices
- Proficient with the development of process documents such as Process Design Basis (PDB’s), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and Line Designation Tables (LDTs).
- Able to lead the development of Operating Manuals and reports.
- Facilitating and/or participating in process hazards and analysis studies/sessions.
- Working knowledge with HYSYS, AFT and Pipe-Flo software
What you will be doing:
- Project siting evaluations, including permitting and local authority interface
- Monitor, coordinate and report on EPCM team performance
- Promote and facilitate project teamwork and communication
- Manage the transition from design/construction to commissioning and operations
- Maintain a strategic focus for the project with frequent interaction with the engineering contractors and the EPCM contractor
- Prepare project charter, project execution plans, etc., clearly articulating Owner/Project Team responsibilities and obligations
- Support the COO by providing leadership on project management strategies, planning, design, implementation and oversight of all work streams
- Mentor and actively transfer knowledge to Owner project team members as part of the sustainability plan
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of a growing organization. This role provides a competitive total compensation package. The ideal candidate will be in Vancouver, but they will consider candidates willing to relocate long term.