Vice President- Consolidation & Financial Statements
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Our client is looking to add a Vice President of Consolidation & Financial Statements to their executive team. This dynamic role would work directly with the CFO to provide the board of directors with the most accurate financial statements.
The ideal candidate should have experience with international accounting (IFRS) and be bilingual in Spanish. They will be based in Mobile, Alabama, working in their corporate office and attending monthly board meetings.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the shipping industry, has a strong financial acumen, and has the ability to communicate effectively.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional to join an established and growing organization
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general counsel to the CFO, CEO on corporate financial and accounting matters to support the business.
- Assist the VP of Corporate Accounting with accounting guidance in IFRS for current and new business process / controls.
- Issuing monthly consolidated IFRS compliance financials and reporting to the board and to Chile, in a timely basis, for each one of the holding companies included in the scope of the accounting department.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly board deck, compile budget variance analyses, quarterly forecast and compile budgets as required.
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and IFRS, and accurately reflect company business and results.
- Fully responsible for the completion and success of the external audit process, including timely delivery to parent company of the consolidated financials in IFRS compliance.
- Provides technical accounting IFRS guidance and support to all company entities and business units.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings.
- Assist with talent attraction, retention, training, and professional development for the accounting staff.
- Instills a performance culture resulting in meaningful process changes or improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness, as well as meeting the needs of a high-volume business.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Degree in Accounting plus IFRS field required.
- Master's degree in accounting and / or finance highly preferred.
- Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- 5-10 years' experience as an active participant leading financial consolidation preferably in a multinational company.
- 5+ years of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- Experience in leading annual audit processes with external audit report.
- Experience with required financial reporting, controls, and compliance for public companies' standards.
- Experience initiating and leading change initiatives with significant organization-wide impact.
- Experience in managing rapid growth in complex environments and developing innovative and creative ways to improve efficiencies, productivity, and effectiveness of an organization.
- Experience with adopting and implementing best business practices in a fast-paced setting.
- Experience with Ms. Dynamics, SAP or similar is a plus.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance