Position: Contract- 4 months
Our client is currently recruiting for a Project controls professional who has substantial experience in the subject areas of project controls, estimating, planning/scheduling, earned value control, cost control, and change control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a customer’s operational team that drives excellence in shutdown safety, schedule and cost effectiveness;
- Develop and optimize the annual plan and project specific shutdown schedules;
- Play a key role in shutdown daily management and execution to facilitate the effective coordination of all resources and activities required to deliver the necessary scope of work for the overhaul on schedule and within budget;
- Progress tracking and achievement of best practice turnaround;
- Create detailed plans and schedule required to coordinate all activities and work groups;
- Provide progress tracking, auditing and reporting as part of the daily management process;
- Develop of detailed work packs for scope of work execution;
- Cost management of the shutdown with the ability to drive cost reductions in the budget;
- Strong computer skills, particularly using Primavera;
- Highly developed communication skills and attention to detail.
- Serve as a technical expert in cost control, planning/scheduling, and estimating. Understand the relationships between the project controls functions-estimating, planning/scheduling, cost control, and risk management.
- Actively review and thoroughly understand all aspects of the proposal or project contract. Develop and execute the strategy and plan for project controls activities that support the overall proposal strategy or project requirements. Help identify risk areas.
- Implement and execute proper controls to proactively support, monitor, and communicate budget, actual status, and forecast costs, labor hours, and quantities for projects within a specific business group.
- Provide a proactive contribution to the management of risk, cost, and quantities on the project. Determine the most critical measures and implement systems of control to provide timely feedback. Follow through on these items to improve the opportunity for success.
- Analyze performance data to forecast labor hours based on performance.
- Prepare and issue performance analysis narratives including recommendations for corrective actions that are used by the project team to manage the work.
- Create and issue client and internal status reports that effectively communicate status and trends. Define corrective actions for implementation.
- Update schedules with actual progress and forecast remaining durations, project milestones, and completion dates.
- Prepare schedule risk analysis to forecast schedule contingencies and related cost impacts. Support contingency management.
- Prepare and issue schedule analysis narratives including recommendations for corrective actions for use by the project team to manage the work.
- Monitor earned value systems that accurately measure progress and performance.
- Create and issue client and internal status reports that effectively communicate schedule status and identify critical path. Define corrective actions for implementation.
- Apply practical field experience with planning/scheduling knowledge to identify challenges to the project schedules and suggest mitigation plans.
- Review the project estimate, project breakdown framework, and project schedule for consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, project management, or related technical field. Experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience.
- Active membership in AACE, PMI, or similar association a plus.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
* we value Life
* we Rise to the Challenge
* we are Stronger Together
* we Unlock Brilliance