Energy Resourcing are currently working with one of the worlds leading new energy companies specifically working on the construction, engineering and development of a state of the art facility.
This project would be based in Northern Europe in a unique location and provides an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the new energy transformation in Europe.
The company itself provides a forward thinking environment allowing you to bring your own thoughts/ideas on how to positively affect the work done.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:* Planning and conducting Thermal Runaway tests including Test Method development Supporting Builds, Instrumentation, Discussions with Test Facilities and travelling to sites to conduct tests.* Conduct propagation resistance testing (force thermal runaway of cells in a module/pack)* Be a trusted source for effective and accurate root cause analysis of product failure modes* Work closely in lab with technicians to fabricate, install, and validate new test equipment as well as repair and debug issues with existing equipment.* Characterise variation in results from existing test rigs.* Write and maintain standard operating procedures for test equipment. Train technicians on new equipment and incorporate user feedback (design for usability, safety, ergonomics).* Participate in sourcing and managing of test equipment* In addition to established tests, modify copies of test rigs for experimental development.
Experienced in Planning and Conducting Tests
Experience with electrical cycling of battery packs and systems - Performance testing.
- Defining test sequence and documents
- Working with internal and external test facilities to set up the test i.e instrumentation debugging issues etc
- Producing internal test reports summarising performance data (Capacity, DCIR, SOH etc
* 2-5 years of experience in physically-applied engineering (lab or workshop setting).* B.S. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.* Familiarity with Lithium-ion battery cell, module, and pack design.* Dedicated to designing for user and lab safety. Strong sense of safety consciousness in lab and workshop setting. Experience in high voltage, flammable materials, hazardous materials, chemical hazards or related.* Strong communication skills and team mentality.* Strong engineering fundamentals in solid mechanical, thermal, materials and electrical engineering.* Experience with test design and setup, data acquisition and analysis.* Experience with tools measuring voltage, current, resistance, and recording with data acquisition systems. Troubleshoot data acquisition systems and sensors.* Must be hands-on (assembly, fabrication/modification, instrumentation, wiring).* Able to plan many concurrent activities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment* Ability and willingness to travel to domestic and internationally test facilities.
* 5+ years of experience in engineering.* Demonstrated experience working with and leading a team of engineers and technicians.* Experience with performing battery tear-downs and postmortem analysis.* A history of working independently with limited oversight or input once a base understanding has been established.* An ability to mitigate unforeseen problems creatively and effectively.* Effectively handle multiple priorities, organise workload, and meet deadlines.* Experience with instrumentation / data acquisition; National Instruments, LabVIEW, Python programming.* Machine shop & fabrication experience or knowledge of manufacturing methods for prototyping such as machining, welding, sheet metal forming, 3D printing.