Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Technical Safety Engineer (CCS and Hydrogen) to join our client's Aberdeen project team on a 12-month contract basis.
The successful candidate will enable and drive safety (Goal Zero) and will focus on preventing life-changing injuries, covering the following areas Process Safety, High-Risk Road transport, Contractor Safety, Learner Mindset/Human Performance and Safety Programme, Operational Safety, and Emergency Response.
- Ensure timely assessment of Project Major Accident Hazard risks using robust methodologies by the client's Standards and UK offshore and onshore legislation (SCR, COMAH).
- Providing specialist Hydrogen Technical Safety advice to the client.
- Drive the application of the Hazard Management Hierarchy principles utilizing pragmatic and credible risk management solutions for Major Accident risks.
- Ensure identified risks and controls are effectively managed through the various phases of the Project.
- Undertaking (self-delivery) the full suite of TSE studies with limited 3rd party support to ensure continued compliance with relevant statutory provisions.
- Develop scopes of work for contractor support. Manage contractors and consultants: evaluating proposals and supporting studies & assessments.
- Conduct assurance activities on compliance with the client's UK Legal requirements.
- Maintaining positive and constructive relationship with the UK HSE (and other regulators) using well-developed stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Sharing the breadth of knowledge and experience of UK legislation and its application with the project team and peers to improve awareness of UK legislative requirements and lessons learned.
- Provide training and coaching as required on Hydrogen MAH mgt, COMAH Cases, RAM application, ALARP demonstration and associated processes
- Support incident investigations
- Degree (or Industry) qualified in relevant subject
- Meets the client's JG4 Technical Safety competence profile (Practitioner)
- Experience in UK regulatory frameworks & requirements (onshore or offshore). Experience in supporting Hydrogen facilities or Hydrogen-related projects as a Technical Safety Engineer preferred.
- Projects & Development support experience
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the full suite of Technical Safety Engineering studies and the Hazards and Effects Management Process such as HAZID / HAZOP, ALARP Demonstration, COMAH Case Development, Performance Standard Development
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- External lens and connectivity: able to understand how the client can influence the external world and how the client is influenced by the external world.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside the client's cultural setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge, and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and integrate across multiple functions.