Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting a Technical Safety Engineer to join our client's London project delivery team on a staff or PAYE contract basis.
This is an exciting career opportunity to join a large green fuels project responsible for the Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) aspects of the design within the project scope are maintained to the relevant acceptable standards and comply with applicable legislation.
- Ensure company standards and processes are followed across the technical safety and loss prevention activities and deliverables on this project as detailed in this job description.
- Assist with the delivery of the activities and deliverables allocated to the location by the project schedule and Master document register.
- Gathering & compiling process safety and environmental information.
- Providing input to the preparation of a Safety Engineering Plan and Basis of Design.
- Participation in and input to the various Hazard Studies.
- Participate in Technical Safety Reviews such as Human factors, Hazardous Area Classification, Inherent Safety, Alarm Prioritisation, etc.
- Highlight to the line manager where any additional Technical Safety reviews are necessary because of scope change, design development, etc.
- Ensure that all required Technical Safety activities and deliverables allocated are completed in line with the project schedule.
- At the end of each project phase, ensure that all lists, files reports, etc. are filed correctly, and ready for input to the next project phase.
- To support the Lead Safety Engineer, project management, and engineering disciplines with design HSE concerns and queries.
- To support other client offices with requests for Technical Safety assistance on an Ad-Hoc basis.
- To support Client requests for discrete Technical Safety activities, e.g., Hazop Scribe.
- Chemical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Experience working in a similar role.
- Experience in one of the following areas: petrochemicals, refining, oil and gas.
- EPCm experience is desirable.
- Some experience in performing consequence modelling using proprietary software i.e. PHAST.
- HAZOP/HAZID/Scribing Experience.
- Experience in producing typical safety deliverables on a project.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Ability to travel.
- Good communication and team working skills.