Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting a Technical Safety Engineer to be based in Aberdeen until the end of December 2024.
As a Technical Safety Engineer you're going to be providing strategic support that will impact our business performance. You'll thrive on providing insights and advice, backed by an in-depth understanding of hazard management backed by a rounded view of the broader business. You'll provide the project with your view and insights on major hazard and risk management as well as providing day to day input for key project aspects including the derogation management, risk assessment, MoC, AIPSM and Verification.
- Updating Operational Safety Cases as required by the client's UK processes and UK legislation.
- Maintaining positive and constructive relationship with the UK HSE regulator using well developed stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with contractors, EPCs, consultants and other 3rd parties associated with the project.
- Manage the preservation of Define phase ALARP design during the detailed design phase.
- Providing technical advice to the project if relevant.
- Providing TSE discipline / technical authority advice to the Projects on a scaleable approach of TSE studies required for a projects: ALARP Demonstration, Performance Standard Development, HAZID and HAZOP, Manual of Permitted Operations (MOPO), Bowtie Facilitation and Assessment, Facility Layout and Segregation, Hazardous Area Classification & Drawings, Ship Collision assessment, Dropped Object assessments, SSIV Assessments, MAH Assessments, Subsea/Topsides HIPPS assessments, Riser ESDV leakage assessments, Quantitative Risk Assessment, Escape, Evacuation and Rescue Systems, Temporary Refuges design and assessment, Firewater and Protection Systems, Passive Fire Protection Systems, Detection Systems (Fire, Gas and Toxic), Emergency Response (Fire-fighting, etc)., Explosion risk assessment & protection assessment, Fire risk assessment & protection assessment, Release and Dispersion modelling, Flare Radiation Assessment, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Venting, flaring and relief systems, Blowdown and/or drain system and specific subsea related TSE studies
- Interface with the relevant Asset Technical Safety Engineer to ensure overall risk impact on the facilities is managed.
- Reviewing and commenting on technical documentation submitted by key contractors, including technical deliverables, TQs etc.
- A working knowledge of DEM1 and DEPS associated with all above types of study. Providing advice to all third parties on the client's requirements including the relevant DEPs.
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- Experience in TSE Roles.
- Experience supporting operating facilities in a mature regulatory regime as TSE and / or
- Experience supporting projects/modifications as TSE
- Proven experience as a Technical Safety or equivalent role
- Strong Technical Safety background with significant experience working under the UK offshore health, safety and environmental legislative framework.
- Ability to deliver TSE scope in isolation without 3rd party support.
- Strong interpersonal skills and can work well with people at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with both individuals and groups.
- Proven capability of workshop facilitation - HAZID, bowtie, due diligence reviews, what if studies
- Ensure Performance Standards owned by TSE are up to date and accurate
- Support TSE responsibilities under AIPSM
- Have experience of using and applying PUWER, MHSWR, DSEAR, PSR, PSSR and SOLAS, and relevant ACoPs