Technical Leader / Project Manager
Plant position – Maintenance/ Reliability background
* Support multi-criteria analysis for solution selection, support field information and data collection
* Effectively collaborate with the Geismar Technical Leader (operate the plant) and team to align on overall improvement priorities.
* Lead tasks related to improving operational reliability processes.
* Support organizational capacity assessments to understand technical, administrative, and decision-making capabilities.
* Lead development of capacity building and training plans, and lead trainings and workshops to address key areas of weakness.
* Translate project requirements into project objectives and tasks
* Report on project progress throughout the project lifecycle
* Develop full scale project plans
* Initiate, plans, executes, and controls project efforts
* Lead the implementation plan of the project
* Assemble and coordinate project staff; manage project resource allocation
* Provide direction and support to project team
* Establish and implement project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations
* Develop and execute management plans for time, cost, scope, quality, communications, risk, human resources, procurement, and integration
* Set and manage client expectations, managing and escalating issues and changes
* Provide recommendations for operational efficiency and process improvements subject to management review in support of change.
* Develop methods to measure customer satisfaction; obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts meeting customer expectations for time, cost, and results
* Anticipate and identify tasks required to support change processing including performing change impact analysis, assigning tasks to project team members, verbally communicating complex issues, verifying that tasks are completed, and communicating implementation status
* Develop and maintain quality and improvement activities within operations and recommend/implement changes as appropriate
* Guide and support efforts to improve quality and validity of data, the capacity and functionality of supporting IT systems, and to incorporate technology and the effective use of data into daily operations
* Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
* Prepare agenda, meeting materials, and meeting minutes
* Manage project budget
* Identify and manage project risks and issues
* Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
* Steward to reliability improvement business plan, providing routine status updates to steering team, complete with risks, gaps to plan and recovery plans.
* Lead project evaluations and assessment of results
* Strong leadership focus and business-aligned plant reliability mission, vision, and strategic plan
* Possess a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering Management, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
* Must have at least 10-15 years of relevant professional experience in project management leadership.
* Experience with business plans development and implementation; capacity building programs design and implementation; and business efficiency improvement.
* Strong communication and analytical skills, with the ability to write well-structured technical reports and to perform critical reviews of business plan.
* Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
* Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
* Experience working in heavy industry in North America is preferred; experience in Chemicals industry is ideal.
* Proven analytical, problem solving, decision making, and prioritization skills; ability to juggle multiple related projects
* Highly competent knowledge of Project Management methodologies
* Proven experience in preparation of charters, plans, meeting notes and presentations with a strong track record of driving a project to completion, on time/budget, and within scope
* Able to look at big picture, conceptualize outcomes and identify trends
* Proven experience in scope development and management
* Proven experience developing project plans and schedules
* Proven experience in people management
* Proven experience in risk and issue management
* Proven experience in change management
* Proven experience in project governance
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance