Energy Resourcing are currently working with their major oil and gas operator client and are on the lookout for a self-motivated Surface Tree & Wellhead Engineer to join their Aberdeen team for 18 months.
The Engineer will act as the focal point with suppliers, taking a lead role on behalf of the client, for scheduling, management, refurbishment and certification of Surface Trees, Wellhead Equipment, Tooling and Intervention Systems. This will include technical input and support, both routine and emergency, on all aspects of Wellhead and Xmas Tree systems.
- The Engineer reports under the HPHT Well Engineering Team and is responsible for providing technical expertise and operational support (including System Integration Testing) of Surface Wellhead and Xmas Tree systems, Tooling, and Services.
- The position will primarily support new well construction, intervention & abandonment activities from a jack-up drilling rig and management/maintenance of company-owned equipment. Responsibilities will include supporting the relevant Front End Engineering team during design and supporting the relevant operational team during execution, ensuring lessons learned are captured and shared.
- The Engineer will be responsible for managing rig interfaces, equipment handling, clash checks, etc. As part of any rig start‐up, they will organise and compile accurate rig survey reports, make recommendations and manage the implementation of any modifications and enhancements for equipment as required.
- The Engineer will provide technical and cost estimation input where necessary concerning surface wellheads and trees. They will ensure compliance with the client's industry standards for surface wellhead and tree scopes. Further, they will provide input and review Drilling, Completion, and Intervention and Abandonment programs adopting standardisation where possible. They will review, advise of changes required and approve finalised supplier Operations and Maintenance manuals.
- The Engineer will develop and agree on SIT Plans and Procedures for all Wellhead and Xmas Tree systems such that the test programme delivers technical integrity assurance of all system interfaces before shipment for installation. The Engineer will maintain the SIT master schedule and consult with other departments and disciplines to ensure all aspects of SIT are satisfied, such as scheduling of 3rd party equipment to meet project requirements. They will review quotes and request for POs to be raised for SIT-related activities.
- The Engineer will provide exemplary HS&E leadership to ensure that corporate HS&E policies and initiatives are disseminated and applied to all Wellhead and Tree system integration testing operations. They will monitor and report all HS&E statistics and performances against the plan for SIT activities investigate and report incidents and sub‐optimal performance and all causes of NPT.
- Working seamlessly with the Operations team, the Engineer will support the execution of wellhead and tree-related activities. They will attend Supplier Operational Team meetings to ensure Company-owned and rental installation equipment is on schedule to meet operational requirements.
- The Engineer will own wellhead and surface-related improvements through the corporate improvement system. As a continuous improvement effort, the engineer will be responsible for surface Wellhead and Tree related Non‐Conformance Report Management, investigations, and reporting through RCFA reasons for sub‐optimal performance and all causes of NPT. They will participate and contribute to lateral learning and after‐action review exercises and be responsible for implementing such learnings in Standard Operating Procedures and with Supply Chain and vendors.
- The role involves stakeholders internal and external to the department. This will require strong stakeholder management skills, familiarity with working across disciplines and proven technical experience.
- The incumbent will have extensive experience and knowledge of surface Tree and Wellhead systems and will have experience in similar roles.
- Experience with either Technicp FMC or Cameron Surface Systems strongly preferred.