Support & Operations Specialist IT Industrial Applications
24 month contract
Kitimat, British Columbia
We are currently representing a client seeking a Support and Operations Specialist, Industrial Applications. The individual will work on mission critical manufacturing applications for the various process sectors of the aluminum smelter in Kitimat, B.C. and the power generation facilities in Kemano B.C. The successful candidate will join a team of approximately 15 onsite IST professionals, whose objective is to ensure the stable operation of all digital services used in the plant.
The candidate will:
* Keen safety sense, and actively participate in the Health, Safety, and Environmental Program.
* Investigate, diagnose, and correct problems identified by the clients.
* Analyze, prioritize, and implement improvements to the industrial applications.
* Receive changes delivered by project teams, ensuring their operations and future maintainability.
* Monitor and maintain the operational continuity of the industrial systems.
* Collaborate with specialists in Site Support, Infrastructure, Industrial Applications, and Demand Management to provide the best possible service to their clients.
* Participate in an on-call rotation with other team members.
To be considered, you should meet the following requirements:
* B.Sc. or college diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in applications support. Experience in an industrial environment is required.
* Knowledge of different relational database technologies and programming languages.
* Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
* Creative problem solving to find permanent, cost-effective solutions.
* Team player, taking different roles as required, but have the capacity to work independently.
* Primary working language is English, but French will be an asset.