We are recruiting for a Subsea Trees & Wellhead Engineer for a 12 month contract with an operator in Aberdeen. Reporting to the Well Engineering Team Lead Completions, the incumbent will provide technical expertise and operational support (including System Integration Testing) of Subsea Wellhead and Xmas Tree systems, Tooling, and Services.
The position will primarily support intervention & abandonment activities from an LWIV, development drilling activities from a Semi-Submersible drilling rig and management / maintenance of company owned equipment.
- Responsibilities will include supporting the relevant Front End Engineering team during design and supporting the relevant operational team during execution, ensuring learnings are captured and fed back.
- Act as the focal point with suppliers, taking a lead role on behalf of company, for scheduling, management, refurbishment and certification of Subsea Tress, Wellhead Equipment, Tooling and Intervention Systems. This will include technical input and support, both routine and emergency, on all aspects of Wellhead and Xmas Tree systems.
- Responsible for managing rig interfaces, equipment handling, THROT jigging, BOP orientation / clash checks etc. As part of any rig start‐up they will organise and compile accurate rig survey reports, make recommendations and manage the implementation of any modifications and enhancements for equipment as required.
- Provide technical and cost estimation input where necessary with respect to subsea wellheads and trees. They will ensure compliance with company and industry standards for subsea wellhead and tree scopes. Further they will provide input and review Drilling, Completion, and Intervention and Abandonment programs adopting standardisation where possible. They will review, advise of changes required and approve finalised supplier Operations and Maintenance manuals.
- Also provide technical input and support to Subsea Inspection and Maintenance team as required.
- Develop and agree SIT Plans and Procedures for all Wellhead and Xmas Tree systems such that the test programme delivers technical integrity assurance of all system interfaces prior to shipment for installation.
- Maintain the SIT master schedule and liaise with other departments and disciplines within company to ensure all aspects of SIT are satisfied, such as scheduling of 3rd party equipment to meet project requirements. They will review quotes and request for POs to be raised for SIT related activities.
- Provide exemplary HS&E leadership to ensure that corporate HS&E policies and initiatives are disseminated and applied to all Wellhead and Tree system integration testing operations. They will monitor and report all HS&E statistics and performances against plan for SIT activities investigate and report incidents and sub‐optimal performance and all causes of NPT.
- Working seamlessly with the Operations team, support the execution of wellhead and tree related activities. Attend Supplier Operational Team meetings to ensure Company owned and rental installation equipment is on schedule to meet operational requirements.
- Own wellhead and subsea tree related improvements through the corporate improvement system. As continuous improvement effort, the engineer will be responsible for subsea Wellhead and Tree related Non‐Conformance Report Management, investigations, and reporting through RCFA reasons for sub‐optimal performance and all causes of NPT.
- The role involves stakeholders internal and external to the department. This will require strong stakeholder management skills, familiarity with working across disciplines and proven technical experience.
The incumbent will have extensive experience and knowledge of Subsea Tree and Wellhead systems and will have experience in similar roles, within the UK offshore sector.Apply Now