* Directs several subordinate supervisors, team leaders or engineers. Supervision received is essentially administrative, with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
* Has opportunity to assist in bid preparation and resource estimating.
* Anticipates staffing requirements and schedule constraints.
* Meets deadlines, milestones, and manhour estimates.
* Works with Client’s staff in establishing methodologies and schedules
* Potential to travel
* Achieves quality results within budget and schedule limitations.
* Capable of directing team of engineers and specialists.
* Has several specialty areas of expertise that allows leadership in technical brainstorming meetings.
* Works with Client to plan overall approach to work.
* Capable of serving as Project Manager and is entrusted to occasionally act on behalf of Client.
* Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating subsea control system / umbilical projects.
* Applies extensive experience over broad areas to ensure technical quality of work and efficiency of approach.
* Evaluates results.
* Works as Senior member in team providing leadership and direction.
* Frequently is the representative in Client meetings.
* Subsea controls aspects of Concept / FEED / detail design
* Perform and manage subsea controls and / or umbilical studies
* Report / Specification / SOW and Technical note writing
* Detail design of subsea control system architecture
* Specifying subsea control system and umbilical requirements
* Interface with other discipline engineers, pipeline, structure, xmas trees etc.
* Perform design analyses
* Preparation of budgetary estimates for subsea control systems and umbilicals
* Represent at Client meetings
* Direct a project team in the execution of large projects or several small projects that may include interfacing with outside agencies and contractors
* Proven experience in subsea controls / umbilicals
* Minimum degree qualified with 10 years’ experience or 15 years without a degree
* Knowledge of hydraulic systems, including cleanliness and filtration requirements, and analysis techniques
* Knowledge of Open and Closed loop systems
* Knowledge of communications and networks, including interfacing with DCS and ICSS equipment
* Working knowledge of Thermoplastic and steel tube umbilical processes
* Working knowledge of:
* ISO 16328-parts 5, 6 & 8
* API 17 parts A, D, E & N
Ensures compliance with the Quality Management System, including preparing of project specific procedures and in accordance with HSE Guideline for Personnel.