Structural Engineer II
Position: Contract- 6 to 12 months (potential extension)
Location: Metairie, LA (also considering candidates from New Orleans and Baton Rouge)
Our client is currently recruiting for a Structural Engineer II position to support the company and its customers and may provide technical support and supervision within the structural team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver structural engineering services that meet company, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Perform structural engineering services such as:
- identify and report changes to project scope
- assist with the preparation of proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules
- provide assistance during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders
- contribute to appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions
- assist with the preparation of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in structural engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the structural engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
· Required A recognized degree in the relevant engineering discipline or equivalent.
· Preferred Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to customers.
- A good working knowledge of the fundamental requirements of structural engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A good working knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of structural engineering specific software and relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Engineering experience in the same or similar industry and developing leadership skills.
- Some job site or factory experience
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.