Structural Engineer- Offshore Experience
Position: Contract to Perm
Location: Metairie, LA
Due to a surplus and backlog of work our client is looking to add 2 Structural Engineers to their team in Metairie, LA. The perfect candidate will have experience with Offshore, steel, or marine structural experience to help service clients in the Gulf of Mexico.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform structural engineering services that meet the company's, its customers' and applicable regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Perform structural engineering services such as:
- Studies, analyses and provide recommend actions/solutions;
- review existing reports/available data
- detail designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and report,
- propose solutions to install/remove equipment with no crane access;
- perform structural analysis utilizing the SACS™ (analysis types include In‐ place, loadout, transportation, installation) and develop local calculations to support the design
- Communicate effectively with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders.
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- If required, act as the structural engineering lead on specific projects.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Ensure discipline technical work meet all health, safety, environmental, and security requirements.
- Perform occasional site visits offshore.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (or similar)
- Knowledgeable in API RP 2A, AISC, AWS
- Working at the office 3 days a week minimum
- 5+ years of experience with 2+ years in offshore platform design
- Must be proficient in SACS
- PE License, or ability to obtain within 6 months (must be an EI if PE license has not yet been obtained)
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Ability to pass HUET Training
- Possess or ability to obtain TWIC card
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required;
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance