Location: Mobile, AL
Energy Resourcing is seeking a Structural Designer to join our office in Mobile, AL. The Structural Designer will be responsible for creating detailed designs and specifications for the structural components of ships, ensuring that they meet industry standards and regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of shipbuilding processes and be able to use industry-standard software to produce 3D models, drawings, and specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for 2D and 3D drawing development.
- Checking drawings created by CAD Drafters and Designer I-II
- Works with Production Management, cross-functional design teams internal and external to the company, including business partner representatives, customer representatives and equipment manufacturers.
- Develop detailed designs and specifications for the structural components of ships, including hulls, decks, bulkheads, and foundations
- Ensure that all designs comply with industry standards and regulatory requirements, including ABS, DNV, and Lloyds
- Work closely with other members of the shipbuilding team, including naval architects, electrical engineers, and mechanical engineers
- Use industry-standard software to produce 3D models, drawings, and specifications
- Analyze designs to ensure that they are structurally sound and can withstand the stresses of operation
- Provide technical guidance and support to other members of the shipbuilding team
- Communicate with customers and stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met and their expectations are exceeded
- Participate in design reviews and meetings to ensure that designs are accurate, feasible, and cost-effective
- Continuously improve designs and processes to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve quality
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree or higher in CAD preferred.
- 4 years minimum of 3D modeling experience
- 5 + years of shipyard design or production/construction experience or equivalent experience.
- Experience in construction of high speed aluminum vessels preferred
- Experience with modular construction methods preferred
- Experience in design and construction of US Navy vessels preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of scheduling and an ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office products.
- Experienced in interacting with multiple design teams and members of production.
- Experience using 2D and 3D AutoCAD
- Basic draw and modify commands
- Layer types
- Line types
- Unit of measure
- Creating orthographic views from isometric drawings
- 3D modeling commands
- Creating 3D models from orthographic views or vendor furnished information
- Able to interface with models from other disciplines using the XREF command
- Able to model in 3D model space without interferences
- Experience with ShipConstructor preferred.
- Possess a thorough understanding of vessel design in two or more of following areas:
- Product Hierarchy
- Able to interpret system schematics, structural key plans, compartment arrangements, and electrical diagrams to create 3D CAD models.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance