Senior Project Accountant
Location: Houston, TX
We are excited to announce that we are searching for a Sr. Project Accountant to join our client's team in Houston. This role is ideal for someone with experience working in the oil and gas industry as a Project Accountant on capital projects.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a hybrid work schedule and comprehensive benefits package. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of financial management related to capital projects and will work closely with project managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the financial implications of the set up and maintenance of projects in the business system in accordance with accounting policies, pricing schedules, customer details, payment plans, invoicing calendars, and multicurrency billing.
- Interprets contract terms and conditions and ensures that the commercial terms are built into the project set ups to maximize profitability.
- Ensures that projects are financially closed once work completed and working capital collected
- Works with Billing Coordinators to ensure an invoicing plan is in plan to maximize DSO for projects.
- Reviews DSO reports and assists in the development of corrective action plans.
- Works directly with Billing Coordinators and/or customers to ensure invoices have been received, approved, and actioned.
- Day to day finance business partner to the project management team and representative of Finance function to them
- Identifies areas of potential project gross margin improvement; ensures accurate recovery of all costs as defined in the contract and ensures non-billable costs are minimized.
- Interprets commercial terms and conditions, including Foreign Exchange, tax, credit, and system implications on bids and tenders to ensure accurate and timely costing and revenue recognition.
- Ensures commercial summary in place for each contract as part of handover process from successful bid to execution.
- Works closely with Project Managers and Project Controls, and participates in monthly project reviews to challenge the financial and commercial health of projects.
- Ensures project profitability is maximized for the project.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or relevant undergraduate degree with a minimum of 8 years experience in a project accounting or project billing function
- CPA designation
- Familiar with ERP and BI environments, specifically Oracle and Hyperion a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance