Sr. Piping Designer E3D / PDMS
Position: 12M Contract
Location: Charleston, WV
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a lead you will need to have a full understanding of the scope, overall schedule, deliverables, milestones, and coordination procedure, Develop man hour estimate
- You could be asked to participate in the Interactive planning meeting to help develop schedule development to establish major milestones
- Develop a staffing plan to satisfy budget and schedule
- Determine line count and estimated isometric quantities based on P&ID’s
- Be knowledgeable of client procedures, and project procedures and specifications
- Establish design areas within the unit/area of responsibility
- Identify and request information in the form of a ‘Needs List’ to maintain schedule.
- Monitor and utilize the Master P&ID MOC (Management of Change) log to identify scope change
- Utilize 3D model (PDMS/E3D/Navisworks) review software to monitor design quality and progress
- Review and approve deliverable prior IFC issue
- Coordinate the design effort with other engineering disciplines
- Set up and ensure the Deliverable Verification Plan is followed.
- Participate in all design reviews for the project.
- Piping drawing office and field Checking experience is also a plus.
- Piping Designer with PDMS/E3D & Field experience to perform Field Walk down of existing P&ID’s, shoot elevation with level & tripod, Locating tie point dimensionally, and Routing pipe through existing facilities. Bring that back to the office and inputting the field data into the PDMS/E3D model.
- Some projects will utilize laser Scanning so experience with the scan and PDMS is a plus
- Experience with executing projects within existing facilities with lots of obstructions and other design constraints.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ as a Lead Designer
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
- 2 years 3D model design review software experience required PDMS/E3D
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
· we value Life
· we Rise to the Challenge
· we are Stronger Together
· we Unlock Brilliance