Senior Mechanical Rotating Equipment Engineer
Location: Deer Park, TX
Our client is currently recruiting for Senior Mechanical Rotating Equipment Engineer onsite for a large client. This person will need understanding of engineering principles relating to material stress, fluid flow, and heat transfer. Responsible for performing and reviewing calculations, developing documents/requisitions, and comparing bids. Will manage budgets and track project schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform job responsibilities in Mechanical Engineering department.
- Understand mechanical seal design and selection, foundation components (sole plates, base plates, grouting), and pump/driver selection and installation.
- Performs calculations and reviews design of heat exchangers, air coolers application and selection, tank mixers, air compressors and fire water pumping systems desirable.
- Understands how to interpret facility schematic drawings such as PFDs, P&IDs, and Equipment Layouts
- Prepares / reviews equipment specifications
- Reviews the supplier data to assure compliance with project requirements and specifications including ASME vessel code and API standards.
- Keen safety awareness
- Able to perform job walks wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in an operating facility, this will require ability to acquire govt. issued TWIC identification.
- 10+ years in rotating equipment engineering in project and engineering support in a refinery or chemical plant environment with an active TWIC card.
- Experience using AutoCAD, hydraulic modeling software, reading and modifying P&IDs/Isometric drawings, and re-rating pumping systems.
- Application of common API codes such as API 610/682/611/612/671/614 etc.
- Previous working knowledge or experience with DEPs is a plus.
- Experience with mechanical seal design and selection, foundation components (sole plates, base plates, grouting), and pump/driver selection and installation
- Experience with air coolers application and selection, tank mixers, air compressors and fire water pumping systems desirable.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance