Senior Electrical Designer
Position: Contract- 4-6 months
Location: West Virginia
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop to completion engineering drawings of complex areas of the project with little or no supervision.
- Work in accordance with established design practices, standards and procedures.
- Prepare complete engineering drawings for a complex area of the project in conformance with the requirements of applicable codes and design criteria established by the project discipline engineers.
- Prepare complete information for design details, scope of work, cable schedule, bill of materials, etc. that can be completed by lower classified personnel.
- Check drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other discipline groups that affect the specific area or areas assigned.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to lower classified design and drafting personnel.
- This position typically serves as Checker or CAD Specialist.
- Become thoroughly familiar with Drafting and Checking Procedures and applicable client and Project drafting standards.
- After verifying that all layout information is correct and current, prepares drawings from engineering design sketches. Work may include manual and CAD drafting, checking and scrubbing.
- Prepare sketches for study and development purpose as required by projects.
- Coordinates with counterparts in other disciplines as needed.
- Verifiy that information is current on design sketches, vendor data and general arrangements.
- Help maintain sites filing system by keeping vendor data, flat files, stick files and drawing/checking files in order. Perform additional filing duties as assigned by squad leader.
- Through lessons learned on projects, provides input to Department Quality Program, Standards and Procedures.
- 8-10+ years of experience or drafting/design related course work is required BS degree reduces experience required by 1+ years
- Extensive experience in electrical & instrumentation design is required. Chemical plant experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Excel and Data Entry is required
- AUTOCAD or MicroStation training/experience is required
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
· we value Life
· we Rise to the Challenge
· we are Stronger Together
· we Unlock Brilliance