Position: 12 month-contract
Location: Whiting, Indiana
We are recruiting for a client in the refining industry. The Sr. Buyer will work onsite for three days and at home two days. The Sr. Buyer is primarily responsible for executing the detailed tactical procurement functions in support of the capital projects procurement and contracting group. The Capital Project Buyer supports the transactions of all projects being managed by the group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for issuing RFQ's to vendors, compile quotes, review bids with Project team, issue requisitions and place orders for material, equipment, and fabrication items. (Pipe and Equipment fabrication.
- Understand and follow the established requirements of the Procurement Team capital value process.
- Assist with expediting Vendors, material, and equipment.
Experience and Qualifications:
- MBA, MLS, BBA, BA or BS, or equal, preferred
- Concentration in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or Law
- Accountable to the Project Procurement Manager, Project Management, the project Buyer or other designated Supply Management project lead
- Timeliness, accuracy and adequacy of procurement responsibilities
- Effectiveness of relationships with suppliers, management
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance