Sourcing Supply Chain Specialist
Position: 12 months contract
Location: Calgary based position, with a Hybrid virtual work arrangement allowing the option to work from home Mondays & Fridays.
We are seeking a Supply Chain Specialist for a 12 month Sourcing Supply Chain Specialist for an oil and gas client in Calgary. Reporting to the Director, Supply Chain, this position is responsible for executing the overall procurement strategy and will also be accountable for transactional activities including procuring goods, services and equipment for Drilling, Completions, Production and Facilities teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute sourcing strategies for assigned categories of oil and gas upstream operation related services or goods supply.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and promotion of Supply Chain Management policies and procedures for the operations group
- Conduct research and regularly monitor market trends and conditions (pricing, availability, lead-times, capacity, etc.) for goods and services.
- Manage overall sourcing process including RFX development, evaluation, and completion through the use of available technologies and appropriately utilize alternative sourcing methods and apply total cost of ownership (TCO) methodology;
- Establish strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, contractors, and service suppliers.
- Assist in drafting policies, establishing processes, implementing inventory/purchasing systems and cataloguing equipment.
- Execute on goals and objectives within designated time frames for the successful execution of contracts.
- Create sustainable value through cost savings, process improvement and risk avoidance.
- Assist to manage existing inventories to obtain optimal recovery of investment.
- Closely work with SIPC HQ to ensure policies, procedures and overall KPI targets are aligned.
- Responsible for related HQ reports.
Detail oriented with strong organization and time management skills
- Minimum 8-10 years' progressive experience in a Supply Chain Management role related to the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Certification or equivalent certification as a Supply Chain Management Professional (S.C.M.P.) or Certified Purchasing Professional (C.P.P.) is considered beneficial.
- Must be legally qualified to work in Canada.
Who we are?
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance