Structural PE – PV Solar
Company Location Austin, Texas, United States (CURRENTLY REMOTE)
About the Position:
Our client is seeking a Structural Engineer, with 3+ years’ experience in solar PV structural engineering calculations and analyses. Take a lead position in the preparation, review and analyze of structural engineering for solar rooftops, ground mounts and carports. Work in a task-based agile environment to meet the project requirements, high volume projects and work with clients, building officials and internal teams.
- Generate the PV industry’s best structural design, analysis, and calculation packages for AHJ review and approval.
- Complete structural analysis and provide calc package for building structures and solar mounting systems such as pitched roof, flat roof, ground mount, and solar canopy/carports.
- Generate required structural analysis documentation for the approval of solar permits.
- Establish and prepare wind and seismic calculations to ensure the integrity and compliance of the PV mounting systems.
- Lead or participate in project meetings and conference calls with clients, developers, EPC’s and plan checkers.
- Perform on-site structural inspections as and when needed.
- Gaining deep knowledge of PV system components like modules, racking, inverters and BOS.
- Coordinate activities between clients, permit agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms.
- Provide mentorship and training to new and junior engineering personnel.
- Active Professional Engineering license.
- 3+ years’ experience providing structural calcs, review and stamps for solar PV permits.
- Must be an S.E and have P.E License, preferably in IL.
- Should have NCEES record and/or ability to get licensed in all the 50 states.
- Economical design of concrete pads, foundations, and structures.
- Review of and coordination with solar racking system supplier.
- Expertise in building code requirements (IBC) and seismic/live loads (wind, snow, etc.)
- Geotechnical engineering knowledge: design of concrete foundation, spread footers for ground mount solar and carports.
- Excellent organizational skills: proficient with MS Excel spreadsheets and data management
- Experience managing vendor and client payment terms to achieve positive cash flow.
Must be a US Citizen or Green card holder as visa sponsorship is not applicable for this position