Senior Planning Engineer x2 (Milan and Rome locations)
Our client is a leading provider of innovative plastics solutions using advanced technologies with world-class production facilities of Ethylene, Polyethylene, Propylene and Polypropylene.
To be considered for this vacancy you will need a background as a Senior Plannning Engineer of a major project within oil & gas, Petrochemical or refinery and be prepared to work in Italy on a freelance basis for a period of up to 18 months
Job Purpose & Scope:
1. Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
2. Safe delivery and handover of the Project to the Owner, sustainably, safely, on time, within budget, ensuring that a quality product is produced that represents 'best value' for the Owner and their Stakeholders.
3. Establish and work within corporate and Project specific Project Controls procedures.
4. Support the Project Controls Manager to manage the Project.
5. Ensure that the Project Schedule and Cost targets are efficiently managed, and that adequate Project Controls are in place.
6. Ensure accurate measurement and reporting of all key Project Controls measures, produce and maintain Project business plans and reports, including s-curves, histograms, etc. 7. Support the Project Controls Manager in all functional deliverables.
1. Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
2. Reports to PMC Project Controls Manager and works under his direction.
3. Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Planning/Cost Control/Financial issues during the EPC Contract phase. 4. Review the EPC Contractor's Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to assure compliance with the contractual scope
of work to be used while preparing the total Project scope, Project coding, Project schedules and cost reporting. 5. Review EPC Contractor's proposed measurement weight factors.
6. Review the EPC Contractor work schedule and ensure that the sequence and logic used is correct for
Engineering,Procurement,Construction,Pre-commissioning,Commissioning,Start-up and Performance Testing. 7. Reviews, monitors and controls costs, schedules, deliverables, programs, progress and productivity. 8. Monitors through appropriate and periodic checks, EPC Contractor's performance against the work program, deliverables, drawing indices and milestones, by examination and analysis of their progress documents against progress reporting systems set out in the EPC Contract.
9. Reviews and approves EPC Contractor Monthly Progress Report and highlight areas of concern, recommended corrective actions and any other relevant aspects of the Project, which have an impact on costand/or schedule and to verify that data reported by the EPC Contractor reflects actual Project progress status.
10. Reviews and approves EPC Contractor's physical progress as a basis for progress payments to the EPC Contractor.
11. Verifies EPC Contractor's requests for payments, including the required supporting documents and achievement of milestone events and certifying their entitlements for payments accordingly. Ensure that adequate
information is supplied to verify progress claims against milestones and invoices submitted including calling for further information to substantiate progress claims, where necessary prior to payment by the Owner.
12. Avoids or minimizes Change Orders from the EPC Contractor by taking proactive and preventive actions. 13. Performs trend analysis on both schedule and cost for early identification of potential deviations and advises the Owner of their implications.
14. Evaluates EPC Contractor's Change Orders and claims for any engineering, equipment, material and Construction extras as well as schedule extensions, with recommendations to approve, modify or reject. 15. Prepares Project cost reports to Owner highlighting current expenditure, commitments and forecast payment to the EPC Contractor.
16. Prepares regular progress reports addressing cost and schedule trends, productivity and corrective actions
17. Prepares regular executive summary Project status reports for Owner and PMC Management.
18. Presents status reports to Owner and PMC Management as and when required at the locations where Services are performed.
19. Reviews Project Control procedures developed by the EPC Contractor as part of their activities to ensure adequacy to the required level of control required by Owner.
20. Participates in the close-out of the early work and EPC Contracts.
21. Assists in administration of financial agreements, drawdown forecasts of loan funds, cash flow of all funds and other financial aspects.Apply Now