Energy Resourcing are currently working with one of the worlds leading new energy companies specifically working on the construction, engineering and development of a state of the art facility.
This project would be based in Northern Europe in a unique location and provides an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the new energy transformation in Europe.
The Site Delivery Manager reports to the Project Director (offsite), coordinates and manages all assigned project site & construction activities, implements construction standards to ensure that construction projects are achieved safely, on time to budget and the required construction services are delivered to Worley and Customer's requirements. The Site Delivery Manager is the senior Worley representative on site and will have a project Delegation of Authority as a Worley Onsite Representative.
- Provide leadership, guidance, accountability and structure to the construction site, while retaining sufficient responsiveness to changing demands
- Ensures all controlling plans (CEP, HSE, Logistics Plan etc) are properly established, followed, and maintained
- Ensures appropriate site controls (safe systems of work, traffic management procedures etc) are established, understood and followed
- Ensures appropriate construction safety reviews are planned, properly initiated (HAZCON and the like) and documented
- Lead construction & site activities not limited to:
- Day-to-day direction of field activities
- Forecasting of costs
- Management & leadership of area assigned CM site team
- Direction to Contractors and their subcontractors
- Direction of all site services and support (including security & medical)
- Support customer with local stakeholder management
- Provide leadership and direction to relevant multi-discipline site teams.
- Ensuring all site work is conducted in accordance with all local and national codes and requirements including Conditions of Permits, BAS-U requirements, and customers local stakeholder commitments
- Be able to delegate to field staff and maintain supervision of functional responsibilities.
- Work closely with Industrial Relations function to ensure adherence to, and keep up to date with, relevant policies and processes within the area. Ensure that Contractors are following due process and all matters are investigated timely and resolved.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the Customer and ensure effective communication with various stakeholders including Project Managers, field representatives and field staff.
- Ensure regular communication and liaison with the Project Director on staff performance, all field activities and existing or potential problems which may affect performance of the work.
- Recommend engagement of subcontractors and actions for all major subcontract variations.
- Assist and act in other Construction roles where required including during R&R absences
- Demonstrate site leadership on all HSE matters.
- Ensure accurate reporting and communication of site safety statistics. Review and address all safety issues and concerns for risk and potential trends or action.
- Encourage a team-based work environment that leverages the expertise and knowledge of the team and nurtures a climate of care and trust.
- Manage interface between Project office, Customer, Local authorities and Sub-contractors. Point of contact for area activities, capacities and planning.
- Monitor Sub-contractor resources and productivity factors across the area. Develop and maintain site specific budgets.
- Review and approve Construction & Site spending for development and regular maintenance.
- Accountable for overall Construction & Site budgets, discipline budgets accuracy of cost coding.
- Maintain control and approval for all manpower hires (direct and indirect) as well as equipment required to support the site.
- Review and provide constructive suggestions for change order submittals and extra work orders prior to submittal to customer.
- Mentor and coach teams and workgroups both internally and externally
- Stays in control - ensures that appropriate project controls are established, and accurate reporting is delivered
- Looks ahead and anticipates problems - raises early warning and intervenes when things are moving off track
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation
- A recognized degree or trade in the relevant discipline or equivalent qualification/experience
- Trade qualifications in the relevant discipline; management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent experience
Industry Specific Experience:
- 10+ years' industry experience in a management role
- A thorough understanding of industrial construction environments and proven supervisory experience in multi-disciplinary teams
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Possesses full lifecycle experience - construction/completions, pre-commissioning, and handover to client commissioning team. Understands simops complexity involved with concurrent construction, completions, pre-commissioning, live commissioning and live operations
- Knowledge of completions management systems and software and work processes
- Understands and can apply Advanced Work Packaging principles
- Experience of managing large cross country pipeline construction, planning and preparation.
- Knowledgeable in the establishment and application of construction management systems, processes and tools
- Excellent technical and practical skills, the ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Employer and the Customer
- Competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and a sound knowledge in relevant software.
- In depth knowledge of contracts and the administration of them
- Require a high level of understanding of all discipline construction requirements
- Able to interpret and comprehend applicable government regulatory legislation as it applies to work carried out in the Area.
- In depth understanding of Industry Safety and how to maintain a safe work place every day
- In depth understanding and ability to understand contracted scopes of work
- Ability to manage project accounting, reporting, and change management