The Company and Benefits
Our client is a boutique consulting firm who supports mid to top tier clients within the mining and resources sector.
On behalf of our client, we require an experienced Senior/Principal Site Environmental Advisor with a focus on the Approvals process for a Perth or NSW based, full time opportunity on an initial 12 month contract. Currently candidates are being sourced for FIFO/DIDO project support in Western Australia's Pilbara Region and New South Wales (South West) however applications will be accepted from other states and territories.
- Centrally located with easy access to public transport
- Flexible contractor engagement (PAYG, Pty Ltd Company or Family/Discretionary Trusts)
- Local, in-house payroll team
The Senior/Principal Site Environmental Advisor's primary responsibility is to support major development projects by providing inputs to environment in design, understanding and providing advice on environmental approvals and developing and maintaining compliance programs throughout execution.
Key responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
- Provide technical environmental advice to engineers, contractors and client representatives to ensure best project outcomes and compliance with environmental approvals and regulatory requirements.
- Build a collaborative performance and reporting framework ensuring project deadlines are met and stakeholders are kept informed on progress.
- Efficiently manage risk assessments and continuous improvement of EMS. Defining, assessing and mitigating environmental risks.
- Provide interpretation of legislation and relevant compliance documentation.
- Contribute to sub-contractor management through input into scope development and oversee environmental compliance and performance.
- Be accountable for executing environmental monitoring programs.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have significant experience in a similar role within the Resources industry as well as well-developed relationship building, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Understanding of Commonwealth environmental approvals framework and high degree of familiarity with State or Territory (preferred West Australian or NSW) environmental approvals compliance management.
- Strong computer skills familiarity with GIS software, data capture and interpretation, EMS management and reporting.
- Demonstrated understanding of key environmental and social risks associated with natural resources projects.
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Engineering, or related fields of study with experience in managing State and Commonwealth environmental approvals.
- Unrestricted drivers licence and working rights for Australia.
About Us, Energy Resourcing
Energy Resourcing Australia Pty Ltd is part of a leading global Recruitment organisation, with clients in the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewable Energy, Chemicals, Petrochemicals & Refining, Mining, Consulting and Construction sectors.
We are a high-quality Recruitment and Contractor Management partner with a strong reputation in our industry with our customers and contractor personnel. Our Perth team, including certified HR professionals, have experience providing Recruitment, Contract Management and Payroll Services to our clients across Australia and New Zealand.Apply Now