- The primary purpose of this role is to provide discipline specific engineering services for multiple brownfield upgrade projects.
- You will be supporting the Alcoa Baseload Team from the Perth Office at 240 St Georges Terrace. You will be the focal point between Alcoa Baseload Site Team and the Resources Portfolio team to lead and deliver site-based projects. The successful candidate shall be able to conduct design themselves, have the capacity to guide juniors and review/approve others work. Strong technical background in detailed brownfield design and execution is required.
- Site visits will be required during work hours with travel expenses compensated, potentially a day or two a week. Sites include Wagerup, Pinjarra, Willowdale and Kwinana (depending on location of project).
- Deliver discipline specific engineering services that meet Company, the client's and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Undertake engineering design and technical verification (as required) of discipline project deliverables by others.
- Perform and/or manage discipline specific engineering services such as:
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes to scope comply with project change management processes;
- prepare/assist or oversee the production of engineering calculations, drawings and documentation;
- ensure all deliverables are checked in accordance with company checking procedures;
- Attend site visits where required; and
- participate in project reviews, HAZIDs/HAZOPs and safety in design workshops as required.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with the project stakeholders/team including the Workshare team, Lead Engineer/Designer and Project Managers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors, clients and other company personnel; build relationships to grow the business and networks within company
- Assist in scoping engineering requirements, methodologies and estimating engineering budget for proposals in response to requests for quotations from clients.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Actively contribute to the development and improvement of company design systems, processes, practices, and procedures.
Skills & Qualifications
- A recognised Bachelor qualification in the relevant discipline.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in the Refinery/Mining Industry or similar industry; including experience leading projects on a discipline level.
- Extensive experience in brownfield electrical systems modification detailed design and knowledge of instrumentation and control system interfaces (essential).
- Experience across all phases of engineering projects.
- Excellent understanding of Australian electrical standards.
- Excellent understanding and proven experience in consideration of Safe and Sustainable Design.
- Hazardous Area Accreditation and/or Functional Safety TUV Certification (beneficial)