Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting a Senior Workshop Electrician based in Aberdeen on a Permanent basis.
- Senior Workshop Electrician is responsible for daily coordination of electrical workshop activity
- Support the Operations Team Lead to provide fit for service Plant & Equipment with appropriate validated certification
- Carry out service/repairs in line with the company procedures
- Present the ability to work in a dynamic work environment where our customer requirements, priorities and service deliverable timelines are constantly changing to meet our core customers 24/7 operations.
- Ability to supervise work activities.
- Actively support a working environment based on respect for health, safety, environmental issues and maintenance of a high level of customer service provision.
- Commit to incident free operations and actively promote within your team.
- Adhere to and enforce all Worley policies, processes, and core values
- Promote and encourage team safety in Toolbox Talks & Risk Assessments.
- Commit to Worley Competence Assurance System and undertake any training and assessment required for role.
- Thorough examination, repair, maintenance, testing and certification of a wide variety of Electrical Plant and Equipment, including Welding tools and accessories within the limits of authorisation
- Ensure necessary preparation for relevant scheduled activities and all Adhoc orders.
- Responsible for completing verification assurance, maintenance routines and maintain quality records.
- Build effective working relationships with other departments.
- Coach and develop direct reports personally and professionally
- Support the continuous skill and performance improvement of the workshop, recommending any up skilling or areas of improvement and be accountable for quality control checks of out going equipment.
- Ensure that the underlying causes of failures are understood, and that action is taken to avoid repeat failures.
- Report any faults & repair costs found in Electrical/Welding equipment returned from clients.
- Ensure that high quality standards of housekeeping and cleanliness are maintained
- Ensure that adequate stocks of equipment and materials are maintained
- Encourage good, open communication promoting involvement and participation
- Good Analytical and PC skills, including but not limited to i.e., Word, Excel etc.
- Occasional requirement to work overtime due to the reactive nature of the business
- If required work on site or support the other depots for cover
- If working on other sites or depots, ensure all local working procedures are clearly understood.
- Recognised electrical apprenticeship
- Demonstrate industry experience
- Demonstrate leadership and organisation experience
- Knowledge of welding plant
- IEE Current Edition.
- Tooling and plant experience
- Demonstrable experience post electrical apprenticeship/training, with current relevant experience in all aspects of electrical installation, isolation, reinstatement and testing associated with non-'Ex' rated electrical construction workscope
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Demonstrable commitment to working safely at all times
- Flexible - able to comply with company and project requirements
- Ability to work with other team members / disciplines and in a multi-cultural environment
- Confident and with an ability to work unsupervised working on own initiative
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role