Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior Wells Engineer (Drilling) to join their client's Aberdeen project delivery team on a 12-month contract basis.
The Senior Wells Engineer (Drilling) based in the office managing the offshore operations activity on either a jack-up or semi-submersible rig. The job role will involve close collaboration with the Well Operations Team Lead and other rig-based Wells Engineers to share the operational workload.
- Project Design/Execution: Deliver world-class design/execution performance by embedding continuous improvement methodology as the way of working.
- Responsible for the planning, and supervision of drilling, with the full integration of the relevant asset teams.
- Preparation of detailed cost and time estimates, tracking of relevant metrics during job execution, after action reviews (AAR) documentation, well handover to asset and developing subsequent improvement plans.
- HSSE - Integrate HSSE in the design, programming, and execution. Actively promote HSSE and Sustainable Development (SD) in all activities and ensure compliance with business principles. Actively support the client's HSE initiatives/programme offshore.
- Regulatory - ensure all Well Notifications, Combined Operations Notifications, Regulatory Permits, etc are all in place and correct before the commencement of operations.
- Mentor junior staff in all aspects of Well design and operations, and interaction with other asset teams.
- Support and foster relationships with other asset teams including subsurface, production, facilities, and construction. Support engagements with JV partners where applicable and the development and analysis of competitive benchmarking to drive operational excellence.
- Lead the technical and HSSE management of relevant service provider contracts and support the contracting and procurement strategy. Collaborate with contractors regarding performance, future variances, etc. as needed.
- Actively drive the identification, development, and implementation of new technologies and the opportunities to optimize field operations.
- Provide routine and emergency technical input and support for all well-related activities, both in the office and at the work site as required.
- Co-ordinate and manage logistics to ensure operations are conducted safely, on time and by execution programmes.
- Supervise and ensure Drilling programmes are executed safely and efficiently and that all company policies and procedures are fully adhered to.
- Ensure deviations from execution programmes are only conducted with the appropriate level of technical authorisation.
- Ensure adherence to change control procedures in the event of programme amendments.
- Ensure accurate reporting of all Drilling activities into the approved reporting medium.
- Implement accurate cost monitoring of all Drilling activities both in the office and on the well site.
- Integrate and liaise with other disciplines to ensure efficient and effective execution of Drilling work programmes.
- Ensure all lessons learned are captured and shared from the execution of Drilling in line with the client's Well Delivery Process.
- Have a proven track record in well-execution delivery.
- A demonstrable experience in shallow water offshore drilling, supervising operations.
- Degree qualified in relevant engineering or science degree.
- Valid IWCF Level 4
- Employment will be subject to passing the client's Wells 'Trade Test'.
- Have experience integrating technical and business activities on multi-discipline projects.
- Demonstrated leadership capability including integrative leadership experiences including influencing without authority
- Be responsible for own development and will execute a personal development plan agreed upon with the Well Ops Team Leader.
- Skilled in presentation and communications.
- Proponent of strong cost management and control.
- Has a deep understanding of commercial implications of emerging ways of working, techniques, and technologies.
- Able to benchmark on local and global scales.
- Demonstrated ability to influence across organisational boundaries to effectively implement new ways of working, both within Wells and across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Highly developed stakeholder integration and influencing skills. Proven ability to build relationships effectively and to deliver across global teams, multiple disciplines, and both internal and external stakeholders