Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior Safety Engineer to join our client's Aberdeen project delivery team on a contract basis.
The successful candidate will join a large Oil & Gas project and will be responsible for ensuring that the Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) aspects of the design within the project scope are maintained to the relevant acceptable standards and comply with applicable legislation and also execute Safety Engineering activities.
- Ensure company standards and processes are followed across the technical safety and loss prevention activities and deliverables on this project as detailed in this job description.
- Delivering the activities and deliverables allocated to the location in accordance with the project schedule and Master document register.
- Gathering & compiling process safety and environmental information.
- Providing input to the preparation of a Safety Engineering Plan and Basis of Design.
- Participation in and input to the various Hazard Studies.
- Undertaking Technical Safety Reviews such as Human factors, Hazardous Area Classification, Inherent Safety, Alarm Prioritisation, etc.
- Highlight to line manager where any additional Technical Safety reviews are necessary because of scope change, design development, etc.
- Ensure that all required Technical Safety Reviews are completed in line with project schedule.
- At the end of each project phase, ensure that all lists, files reports, etc. are filed correctly, ready for input to the next project phase.
- To support the Lead Safety Engineer, project management and engineering disciplines with design HSE concerns and queries.
- To support other offices with requests for Technical Safety assistance on an Ad-Hoc basis.
- To support Client requests for discrete Technical Safety activities, e.g., Hazop Scribe.
- Relevant Safety Engineering Degree (MSc) or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in technical safety is essential.
- Experience working in a similar role.
- Experience in petrochemicals, power generation, oil and gas desirable.
- Experience in performing consequence modelling using proprietary software i.e. PHAST.
- HAZOP/HAZID Chair/Participation Experience.
- QRA Experience.