Energy Resourcing is working with their internal partner to recruit a Senior Technical Safety Engineer on a contract basis in Aberdeen.
Responsible for ensuring that the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) aspects of the design within the Harbour Energy project scope are maintained to the relevant acceptable standards and comply with applicable legislation. In addition, execute and monitor Safety Engineering activities which typically will entail:
- Ensure company standards and processes are followed across the technical safety and loss prevention activities and deliverables on this project as detailed in this job description.
- Delivering the activities and deliverables allocated to the location in accordance with the project schedule and Master document register.
- Gathering & compiling process safety and environmental information.
- Providing input to the preparation of a Safety Engineering Plan and Basis of Design
- Participation in and input to the various Hazard Studies
- Undertaking Technical Safety Reviews such as Human factors, Hazardous Area Classification, Inherent Safety, Alarm Prioritisation, etc.
- Highlight to line manager where any additional Technical Safety reviews are necessary because of scope change, design development, etc.
- Ensure that all required Technical Safety Reviews are completed in line with project schedule.
- At the end of each project phase, ensure that all lists, files reports, etc. are filed correctly, ready for input to the next project phase.
- To support the Lead Safety Engineer, project management and engineering disciplines with design HSE concerns and queries.
- To support other Worley offices with requests for Technical Safety assistance on an Ad-Hoc basis.
- To support Client requests for discrete Technical Safety activities, e.g., Hazop Scribe.
- In summary, the Senior Safety Engineer, as part of the UK Safety Engineering discipline, ensures that the design is in accordance with the applicable standards and legislation.
- Chemical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Extensive experience in technical safety is essential
- Experience working in a similar role
- Experience in petrochemicals, refining, oil and gas desirable.
- EPCm experience is desirable
- Experience in performing consequence modelling using proprietary software i.e. PHAST.
- HAZOP/HAZID Chair/Participation Experience
- QRA ExperienceMust possess valid TUV FS Eng certification or equivalent