Senior Technical Engineer 20-098
2 Year Contract
We are currently representing a nuclear power generation client seeking a Senior Technical Engineer 20-098.
- The Senior Technical Engineer will provide installation support including the review of all field issues and dispositions for resolution
- Responsible for interfacing between Projects and the Contractor to define field support needs, allocate resources, track completion and report on performance
- Develop performance metrics and establish collaborative work protocol with parallel groups in engineering, field staff and vendors
- Provide support and oversight to address Design Modification related issues: through proactive engagement and working with the contractor and the design service provider, evaluate, assess, categorize and disposition preliminary and detailed design engineering packages and all associated deliverables
- Review design package for long lead materials and ensure materials are ordered
- Prepare/review/provide oversight support for field initiated changes when required
- Participate in, coordinate, organize as required, constructability reviews, pre-job briefs and work planning
- Provide support and oversight during installation and commissioning: support in the planning activities for procurement, installation, commissioning and closeout phases of the project
- Prepare a project installation and commissioning overview that could be discussed with operations/maintenance accessing
- Capture/record lessons learned related to field initiated changes throughout the life of the project for better planning of the replication program
- Obtain review and signature from stakeholders and authorized person for field execution. Organize readiness challenge meeting with stakeholder based on work plan
- Coordinate with assessor, work week leader and other stakeholder for any emergent issues to get the work ready for field execution Ensure all actions are accurately logged and assigned
- Verify that materials are procured and ready for installation. Track engineering actions, associated with the material supply
- Identify procurement, installation and commissioning risks and work with stakeholders to develop the risk mitigating plan
- Support Commissioning activities in the field and at vendor sites
- Support for walk downs, issue identification and coordinate with construction contractor, OPG maintenance and operation staff to execute the field work
- Communicate field execution status to all stakeholders and arrange to complete design engineering change close out action as applicable
- Ensure vendors (Design, Supply & installation) actions are completed
- OPG MTL Qualified (or in progress)
- Darlington Fuel Handling technical experience an asset
- Project engineering experience required
- BSc Engineering Degree is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role required
- Project Management experience required
Contractors must operate as an Incorporated entity for this position.
About Energy Resourcing Canada
Energy Resourcing Canada Ltd. is part of a leading global Recruitment organisation, with clients in Oil & Gas, Power & Renewable Energy, Chemicals, Petrochemicals and Emerging Technologies.
We are a high-quality Recruitment and Contractor Management partner with a strong reputation in our industry with our Customers and Contractor personnel. Our Canada team, including certified HR professionals, have experience providing Recruitment, Contract Management and Payroll Services to our clients across Canada.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click ‘Apply” button. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, call the office on +1 403 301 3828 and ask to speak to the recruiter hiring for the role.