Energy Resourcing is currently recruiting for a Senior Superintendent for a 6 month contract based in Teeside, please note this role will be Nightshift
- Acts as nightshift focal point for Project activities on a rotational basis
- Be responsible for implementation of Company HSE Policy & Plan relating to the Project and in particular, Contractor compliance. Refer to Construction HSE Management plan.
- Assists in the setting up and administration of the site organization for an assigned construction area, section, plant complete project or specific project
- Studies and becomes familiar with the relevant contract drawings, scope of work, specifications and man-hour estimates, materials and equipment schedules
- Co-ordinates the activities of contractor's supervisory staff, ensures effective communication such that they are all always fully informed on their duties thereby enabling effective control of subcontractors
- Have a working knowledge of all Safety Legislation in force and associated responsibilities including but not limited to;
- Complies with the construction methods, procedures and practices particularly those relating to quality assurance, safety and statutory requirements. Coaches the Worley Open Safety culture in the field to identify and implement continuous improvements.
- Ensures that the assigned work is constructed to approved for construction drawings, specifications and applicable standards, whilst adhering to good construction practices.
- Checks that the Subcontractors Daily Returns and their assessments of progress are completed promptly and reliably.
- Answers technical queries from subcontractors so that work can continued unhindered, where necessary calling on advice or guidance from senior site staff or ensuring information is requested from the HO engineering department.
- Ensures the use of correct materials and consumables
- Maintains an awareness of the general welfare of staff and labour whilst on site. Ensures effective communication such that they are always aware and fully informed of their duties, changes in policy or site rules and that they are aware of and understand all rules and procedures affecting their employment and their own work.
- Monitor & Verify Contractor daily attendance sheets & logs
- Ensure all works are carried out in accordance with the approved QAP/QIP & Contract Terms
- Inspect works for technical compliance with drawings, specifications & scopes of work
- Review & approve test reports & documentation
- Highlight deficiencies, initiate & close out non-conformance reports
- Input to schedules as requested by the Construction Planner
- Review of Contractor Schedules
- Review & verification of Contractors' progress report prior to update by the Construction Planner
- Instigate Field Change Procedure as required
- Review and monitor Contractor pricing & assist Contracts Engineer in settlement
- Assist the Construction Manager as required
- Recognized discipline background
- Experience in the Engineering Construction Industry
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Stakeholders involved in the Project both verbally & in writing. Methodical work ethic; ensuring consistency in output. Capable of working independently
- Previous experience of working in a project delivery environment
- Previous experience as a Mechanical and Piping Superintendent
- IT literate
- A strong communication, networking, collaboration and well-developed team-working skills, especially in multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams
- An 'Incident Free' mind-set, and be a role model for their project team (Direct/Indirect hires)
- A full understanding of how all elements of the project scope integrate and interface with each other and are managed to successfully deliver the right project outcome - from construction, and through to commissioning and handover to operations