About the Role
Our client, a global market leading Engineering organisation, is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to be working on their end client's onshore/ offshore projects that they are supporting. This role will be in the Perth city office on an initial 12 months contract.
You will bring your senior technical experience and industry experience in offshore facilities as well as onshore to their team and support their clients to succeed in their long-term focus on operational efficiency as well as investment in carbon abatement projects. Their teams are focussed on creating value in their studies that will convert into long term projects for execution in the future.
- Reporting to the lead structural engineer, deliver structural engineering services that meet the company, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Be responsible for technical delivery of structural related elements which including brownfield modifications in offshore platforms, pushover analysis as well as onshore brownfield upgrades.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the company and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in structural engineering.
- Support effective communication with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Bachelor of Structural/Civil Engineering or relevant undergraduate degree
- 10 years plus experience in structural engineering design in the energy sector
- Previous experience in mining would be advantageous
- Keen attitude to learn new design tools as well modes project delivery
- Competent use of structural engineering specific software such as Spacegass and StaadPro
- Familiarity with offshore analysis programs such as SACS, SESAM or similar
- Familiarity with finite element program such as Abaqus will be advantageous.