Senior Structural Engineer
Contract to Permanent (Office/Remote)
We are currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join our client’s team to work on projects in Energy, Chemical and Resource projects based in Vancouver BC.
- Perform structural engineering services such as:
- prepare and check engineering calculations and design sketches for buildings, structural steel, piling and concrete foundations
- check engineering drawings
- utilize 3D models to support engineering design work
- prepare structural Material Take-offs, scope of work documents and other engineering deliverables
- prepare specifications and reports
- identify and report changes to project scope
- assist with the preparation of proposals, estimates, budgets, and schedules
- manage resource hours and schedule
- Act as the structural engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet EPC, and its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer’s requirements.
- Coordinate with, supervise, guide and mentor designers and/or engineers.
- Project Management and Customer liaison, communicate and coordinate effectively with the engineering team and project stakeholders.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- A minimum B.Sc. degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in Energy, Chemical and Resource projects.
- Registered as P. Eng with EGBC.
- Some experience in civil earthworks and architectural building design.
- Strong knowledge of CSA S16, CSA A23.3, BC Building Code, and applicable local and international standards.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of structural engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Proficient with structural analysis software STAAD-PRO and MS Office Suite.
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
· we value Life
· we Rise to the Challenge
· we are Stronger Together
· we Unlock Brilliance