Be part of a project dedicated team delivering a FEED project at the major oil refinery in the Kwinana strip in Western Australia. The facilities include design and installation of processing equipment that will convert the existing facility into producing new low carbon fuels of the future. You will bring your years of structural engineering expertise to the company and experience in working with a diverse team in multiple office location to complete this important project that is part of the new Energy Transition into low carbon future. The company supports well innovative thinking which suits this project that has a combination of greenfield and brownfield expansion works.
- Reporting to the lead structural/civil engineer, you will be supporting a talented team of engineers and designers in delivering of all structural design including underground services and drainage design, access roads and construction pads, on plot and off plot service corridor development
- Support technical governance activities of project including supervision and peer review of work completed by our remote offices.
- Support the development of E3D models
- Review of 2D drawings produced from DMS models.
- Support the general coordination of workshare between various local/ international company offices
- Perform supporting tasks such as:
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- Provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- Where opportunities arise, act as the civil engineering Lead on specific projects where the responsibility include
- Scope management
- Technical supervision of junior engineers
- Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer's requirement
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the company and the client's project requirements.
- Communicate effectively with the civil engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or relevant undergraduate degree
- 15 years plus experience in civil engineering design in the mining, energy and/or infrastructure sector is desirable but not necessary.
- Familiar with managing a small team
- Experience in FEED and detailed design of horizontal and vertical vessels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and service
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the company and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of structural engineering specific software such as StaadPro or Spacegass.
- Exposure to oil and gas facilities is desirable but not required
- Agile with working in multiple platforms and environment including the use of 365 suite and various other collaboration tools