Our engineering consulting client is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to be working on their end client's existing gold mining operations/ project. FIFO roster is 2x1 and the initial contract is 12 months.
Also seeking Senior Structural Engineer to be based in their Perth city office across their sustaining capital projects for their mining and/ or oil & gas clients.
- Reporting to the site engineering manager, you will deliver structural engineering services that meet the company, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Take the lead in scoping and designing temporary support structures, modification of existing design and other construction aids as required.
- Provide technical input and resolution of technical queries raised by the various contractors.
- If required, supervise structural drafting to deliver project requirements
- Support effective communication with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Bachelor of Structural/Civil Engineering or relevant undergraduate degree
- 15 years plus experience in structural engineering design which includes site engineering roles in similar construction projects.
- Previous experience in leading small teams
- Previous experience in mining or other mineral processing projects especially underground gold mining.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Exposure to developing structural design across a range of project cycles using Australian Standards
- Competent use of structural engineering specific software such as Spacegass and StaadPro
- Familiarity with underground structures will be advantageous
- Agile with working in rapidly changing environment that is associated with fast track construction projects