Senior Structural Engineer
Position: Contract- 6 to 12 months (potential extension)
Location: Metairie, LA
Our client is currently recruiting for a Structural Engineer II position to support the company and its customers and may provide technical support and supervision within the structural team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With some autonomy, completes most types of assignments through the application of standard engineering theories, techniques, and practices.
- Incorporates relevant regulations, codes, manufacturing standards, and industry standard practices for the control, development, and application of deliverables.
- Builds positive working relationships with external parties such as the customer, suppliers, and contractors.
- Mentors/trains and supports the delivery of training. Assists in the employee performance review process if required. Encourages knowledge of and compliance with requirements and processes.
- Works to resolve inter-discipline, vendor, and customer issues. Ensures discipline technical work and team activities meet all health, safety, environmental, and security requirements.
- Supports adherence to generally accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications. Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates. Contributes to the understanding of technical knowledge, legal requirements, and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful. Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence. Supports the processes for checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings for both engineers and designers.
- Implements innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Plans discipline quality, monitors quality activities, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and acts where required. Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc. Crafts recommendations and creates final documentation. Determines technical issues, defines alternate solutions, establishes pros/cons for multiple solutions, and makes recommendations through official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations, etc. Creates final documentation incorporating all relevant information and pursues customer approval. May review similar documentation to assist others and reviews/authorizes work done peers.
- Seeks input from knowledgeable sources, may participate in constructability, operability, and maintainability reviews, and incorporates requirements into engineering/design.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years’ experience in offshore platform design
- Floating Topsides structural experience required
- Must be proficient in SACS
- Experience leading a team of engineers and designers
- Experienced in In-place, Lift, and Transportation analyses
- PE License required
- Knowledgeable of AISC and API RP2A
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.