Senior Structural Designer
- Flexible work arrangements
- Take advantage of our global on-line learning platform!
- Career development opportunities beyond this role
My EPCM client is looking for talented individuals to bring their structural steel work and concrete design experience gained either in the iron ore industry or other related industries, to help us deliver and execute a long life and highly complex iron ore mine of the future.
- Reporting to the lead designer, you will part of talented team of structural engineers and designers to deliver of all structural related elements relating to material handling facilities including brownfield tie in scopes to existing Coarse Ore stockpile as well as non process infrastructure.
- Support the development of 3D models
- Producing 2D drawings using MicroStation from 3D models.
- Detailed checking of steel and concrete drawings
- Support the coordination of workshare between various Worley offices
- Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer's requirement
- Support effective communication with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
What you will bring
- Awarded a 2 or 3 year technical diploma with discipline specific training or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 8 years plus experience in structural design in the mining, energy and/or infrastructure sector
- Prior experience of working within medium to large projects within multidisciplinary environment is essential
- Experience in concrete design including checking is essential
- Experience in Resource Sector is preferred but not essential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and service
Technical and Industry Experience
- Worked in a project with a 3D modelling work flow
- Extensive experience in Microstation is required.
- Sound knowledge of 3D package Prosteel is required
- Knowledge of other packages such as Tekla will be viewed favourably
- Knowledge of E3D or PDMS will be viewed favourable for future projects
- Prior experience in detailing of concrete reinforcement is advantageous
- Worked with team with diverse background
Candidates must have unrestricted Australian working rights to be considered.Apply Now