Our engineering consulting client is seeking a Senior Structural Designer to be working on their end client's major brownfield expansion at the major LNG facility in Western Australia. The facilities include design and installation of new diesel generator, substations and control equipment, civil works facility shore crossing of electrical powerline and other utilities that feeds a new subsea compressor as well as general brownfield upgrade of on-plot services.
- Reporting to the lead civil engineer, you will part of talented team of Engineers and designers to deliver of all civil and structural related elements relating to oil and gas facility expansion including underground services, culverts, services bank for water treatment plant, foundation and steel platforms support various electrical equipment and substations.
- Support the development of PDMS models
- Producing 2D drawings using MicroStation from PDMS models.
- Support the coordination of workshare between various company's offices
- Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer's requirement
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the company and its Customer's requirements.
- Support effective communication with the civil engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Awarded a 2 or 3 year technical diploma with discipline specific training or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 8 years plus experience in structural design in the mining, energy and/or infrastructure sector.
- Prior experience of working within medium to large projects within multidiscipline environment is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in both concrete underground infrastructure as well as steelworkExperience in Resource Sector is preferred but not essential.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and serviceWorked in a project with a 3D modelling workflowSound knowledge of a PDMS and PDMS draft are core requirements
- Prior experience in LNG facilities is advantageous.
- Worked with team with diverse background