Energy Resourcing are seeking a Senior Structural Designer to work with our EPC client, for a 12 month contract position, to support an Aberdeen based oil and gas project. This role can be based remotely from anywhere in the UK, with the option of working from one of their regional offices in the UK which includes, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Stockton, Stockport and Brentford. The role requires significant brownfield oil and gas experience, as well as working knowledge with PDMS.
- Preparation & checking of structural design deliverables
- Ability to work to own initiative
- Preparation of Construction Workpacks
- Checking of Construction Workpacks
- Preparation & Checking of Material Requisitions
- Knowledge of welded & bolted connections
- Proficient with Autocad 2D & 3D
- Proficient using Navisworks
- Ability to present model reviews and presentations
- Knowledge and use of LFM Software
- Ability to prepare Structural Estimates
- Knowledge and understanding of Pipe Supports
- Ability to read and understand client specifications
- Ability to read and understand Scopes of Work
- Ability to travel offshore / onshore sites and carry out surveys
- Preparation of site sketches
- Ability to prepare survey reports
- Understanding of rigging design & installation practice
- Understands the principles of safety in Structural Design
- Ability to work to and meet planned dates
- Knowledge and understanding of procedures
- Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development.
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation.
- Ability to prepare COG calculations
HNC or relative experience preferred
Strong knowledge of brownfield oil and gas projects
Working knowledge of PDMS