Apply NowApply Now
Our engineering consulting client is seeking a Senior Structural Designer to be working on their end client's upcoming iron ore project. Perth city based on an initial contract of 12 months. Role could rotate to support other end client's sustaining capital projects (oil & gas).
- Reporting to the lead structural designer, you will part of talented team of structural engineers and designers to deliver of all structural related elements relating to material handling facilities as well as onshore LNG facilities
- Perform checking role for 2D drawings that produced either from Microstation 3D, PDMS or other similar 3D modelling platform
- Producing 2D drawings using Microstation as required.
- Support the coordination of workshare between various clients/ company offices
- Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer's requirement
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the company and its Customer's requirements.
- Support effective communication with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Relevant technical diploma with discipline specific training or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Prior experience of working within medium to large projects within multidiscipline environment is essential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and service
- Worked in a project with a 3D modelling workflow
- Extensive experience in performing detailed checking roles for major projects
- Experience in Microstation or Autocad is required.
- Sound knowledge of a 3D package such as Prosteel or similar software is advantageous but not essential
- Prior experience in E3D or PDMS is advantageous but not essential.
- Worked with team with diverse background