Senior Staff Accountant
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Our client is looking to add a Senior Staff Accountant to report to the Business Unit Manager. The day to day of this role includes daily bookkeeping tasks, month end reporting, job costing, and overall assistance with financial analysis of the business unit. Maintains accounting document files, including job costing reports, purchase orders, sales orders, invoices/receipts, licenses, and other miscellaneous accounting support documents. Responsible for managing accounts receivables and payable aging reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain all bookkeeping functions of the business unit. (i.e. issue purchase orders, process vendor invoices, maintain job order costing, process customer invoicing and other miscellaneous accounting tasks).
- Assist with month end reporting of business unit results. Reconcile accounts as needed.
- Manage Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables subledgers. Ensure payables are processed timely.
- Maintain and reconcile Work in Process account.
- Prepare and distribute weekly job costing report for management review. Ensure accuracy of each opened project/job.
- Assist to resolve disputed items and answer questions.
- Maintains all accounting files and supporting documents.
- Assist in training and developing personnel.
- Assists with miscellaneous reporting tasks as needed to support the operational team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or a bachelor's degree in business with emphasis in accounting / finance required.
- Master's degree in accounting and / or finance a plus.
- CPA designation highly preferred.
- Five + (5) years' experience in accounting and financial management.
- Five + (5) years 'working directly in an administrative assistant capacity or an acceptable combination of work experience & education.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance