Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior Safety Engineer to join their client's Glasgow/Edinburgh project delivery team permanently.
The Safety Engineer will successfully support and lead the delivery of Safety commissions and support our clients and their ongoing operations, within high-hazard industries such as Oil & Gas, Low Carbon, and Renewables industries and through the energy transition.
- Support the delivery of projects to develop into the Technical Lead. Technical excellence is key to our success, and you would help build on this tradition.
- Conducting safety scopes (experience in consequence analysis, QRA, Formal Safety Assessments, Safety Cases/COMAH, etc is essential) for major hazard industries.
- Technical report authorship.
- Leading junior engineers on projects and provide technical guidance and mentoring support.
- Preparation of proposals (including cost estimations) for new work scopes.
- Project engineering to ensure studies and projects are delivered in compliance with agreed scope, budgets, and schedules.
- Direct engagement with clients and developing strong relationships with existing and future clients.
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering (or related) subject.
- Chartered with a relevant institution.
- We are looking for people who relish technically challenging engineering projects. You will be passionate and driven to improve the way we do things and deliver above and beyond to clients. You will be a proactive team player with excellent problem-solving, communication, and presentation skills.
- You will be highly organised and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
- Experience working in Process/Technical Safety, preferably in the Energy industry.
- Experience in risk and safety management.
- Experience leading work scopes to meet delivery/cost targets without compromising quality.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of QRA and other safety techniques, including consequence analysis (preferably PHAST software), with proven experience in conducting such studies.
- Familiar with relevant legislation and industry standards and able to apply this knowledge and advise clients about these, such as COMAH and Safety Case Regulations, etc.
- Ability to prepare technical reports to a high standard and to check the work of others.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent time-management skills with a proven ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience in a client-facing role, showing an understanding of commercial challenges relevant to a consultancy business, confident in selling our services and winning work.
- Experience in contributing to successful bids and proposals.
- Be responsive and proactive to opportunities to grow the business.