Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior Safety Engineer to join the team in our Brentford office on a minimum 12 month contract.
- Ensure company standards and processes are followed across the technical safety and loss prevention activities and deliverables on this project as detailed in this job description.
- Delivering the activities and deliverables allocated to the location in accordance with the project schedule and Master document register.
- Gathering & compiling process safety and environmental information.
- Providing input to the preparation of a Safety Engineering Plan and Basis of Design
- Participation in and input to the various Hazard Studies
- Undertaking Technical Safety Reviews such as Human factors, Hazardous Area Classification, Inherent Safety, Alarm Prioritisation, etc.
- Highlight to line manager where any additional Technical Safety reviews are necessary because of scope change, design development, etc.
- Ensure that all required Technical Safety Reviews are completed in line with project schedule.
- At the end of each project phase, ensure that all lists, files reports, etc. are filed correctly, ready for input to the next project phase.
- To support the Lead Safety Engineer, project management and engineering disciplines with design HSE concerns and queries.
- To support other offices with requests for Technical Safety assistance on an Ad-Hoc basis.
- To support Client requests for discrete Technical Safety activities, e.g., Hazop Scribe
- Relevant Safety Engineering Degree (MSc) or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in technical safety is essential.
- Experience working in a similar role.
- Experience in petrochemicals, power generation, oil and gas desirable.
- Experience in performing consequence modelling using proprietary software i.e. PHAST.
- HAZOP/HAZID Chair/Participation Experience.
- QRA Experience.
- Experience within active and passive fire protection strategies.
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Ability to travel.
- RTW in the United Kingdom.