Energy Resourcing are looking for a Senior Risk Adviser on behalf of Worley, to be a part of their Woodsmith project. The role will be based in Wilton.
- Be responsible for the development, maintenance and monitoring of all Risk Management activities and associated documents on multiple concurrent project scopes either within a significant project or within a wider portfolio.
- Ensure application of Risk Management process to assigned projects throughout their full lifecycles, including pre-contract phase.
- Provide guidance, support, and leadership of junior risk personnel throughout their training and professional development.
- To promote and build good working relations within the internal and external teams.
- To support and guide more junior Risk Management personnel in their development and daily activities.
- To be fully conversant with the application and use of Worley Risk Management suite of tools and chosen software applications.
- To carry out all delegated work in compliance with relevant Worley Risk Management processes and procedures.
- To prepare, update and maintain project Risk Management activities, throughout the project lifecycle and across the Risk Management process:
- To ensure the timely issue of accurate, updated Risk Management Plans and associated documents at the agreed intervals.
- To provide guidance to Project personnel in defining Risk Management objectives based on project objectives and support application of the risk process.
- To utilise several risk identification techniques in order to facilitate risk identification sessions.
- To develop and implement risk assessment criteria as part of a project risk register.
- To assist Risk Owners with the selection of appropriate risk response strategies and development of action plans to address identified risks.
- To assist project or functional personnel in the familiarisation and consistent application of Risk Management software tools and associated process.
- To facilitate Risk workshops and develop project Risk Registers which act as repositories for all risk related information.
- To conduct Cost / Schedule Risk Analysis Workshop sessions, facilitating workshops, building bespoke models and interpreting associated outputs for communication / review.
- Higher National Diploma / Associate Degree / Advanced Diploma etc. (in relevant discipline).
- IRM International Certificate in Risk Management (or an alternative risk qualification).
- BA or BSc degree (min. 2:1) in Risk Management, alternative subjects considered can include: Project Management, Engineering, other analytical disciplines.
- Previous Risk experience i.e., responsible for large project or multiple smaller projects concurrently
- Specialist knowledge in Risk Management software (i.e., MCS software) and experienced with quantitative cost & schedule risk analysis.
- Demonstrable involvement / history in the relevant project industry and / or cross-over experience from a comparable technical industry.
- Extensive working Risk related knowledge of the Worley industry / business line.
- Knowledge of various industry Risk Management software / applications available.
- Experience in internal project delivery processes and procedures (e.g., Worley Project Delivery suite).
- Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills
- Ability to work as lead member of a team.
- Good communicator.
- Demonstrate confident presentation skills and embrace opportunities to educate others on Risk related topics.
- Confident and appropriately assertive to lead group workshops on a range of Risk Management activities.
- General risk awareness with a demonstrable interest in wider Risk Management topics / issues.
- Willingness to learn and continually improve across all business sectors.
- Sound computer skills (standard Microsoft Office applications).
- Ability to timely deliver to both given and self-imposed deadlines and delegate tasks to junior personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels within the organisation.
- Demonstrates good safety awareness and sets an appropriate example to others.
- Demonstrates team leadership potential.
- Competencies - Technical
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to guide conversation.
- Capable of communicating with project teams, third parties & clients to meet internal and client requirements across multiple projects with several different clients concurrently.
- Capable of identifying and providing qualitative inputs to Risk Management related process initiatives.
- Ability to build constructive relationships, allowing the discussion and resolution of any risk related issues.
- Fully competent in qualitative measuring risks, facilitating analysis, plus evaluation of specific threats and opportunities.
- Fully competent in modelling quantitative (cost & schedule) risks and evaluation of analysis output using industry risk analysis tools.
- Able to provide constructive challenge to project teams to ensure all risks are addressed appropriately.